Community Resource Hub navigators are available in some areas to help families connect to local resources
Help Me Connect celebrates young children and early learners – view the Early Learning and Child Care resources.
Hennepin County Human Services and Public Health Department
County Programs for Families
Apply for county programs that provide financial assistance and supportive resources to families
County programs for families with children include:
- Diversionary Work Program (DWP) - A four-month program that helps to support Minnesota parents while they find jobs
- Minnesota Child Care Assistance Program (CCAP) - Helps families with low incomes pay for child care while they go to work, look for work or attend school
- Minnesota Family Investment Program (MFIP) - Helps families in poverty with children through a cash grant, food assistance and employment services
- Parent Support Outreach - Voluntary program for at-risk families to help prevent child abuse and neglect
- People with low income
Check specific program guidelines for requirements.
300 S 6th St, Government Center, Minneapolis, MN, 55487
- Primary Contact for this program: 612-596-8500
- Main: 612-348-4111
Other Services at this Location
- Adult Mental Health Crisis Response Services Immediate help for people having urgent problems with depression, panic, anxiety, delusions, or other mood or behavior disorders
- Apply for Waiver Programs Accepts applications for Medical Assistance/Medicaid waiver programs
- Child and Teen Checkups Coordinators connect individuals to well-child care and screenings for eligible newborns, children and young adults
- Children's Mental Health Crisis Response Services (CRS) Professional help 24/7 for children or youth experiencing a mental health crisis to help the child be safe, stay in their home, and get connected to support
- County Programs for Food Support Apply for county programs that help pay for food
- County Programs for Income Assistance Apply for county programs that help pay for basic needs
- County Programs for People with Disabilities Apply for county programs that serve people with disabilities
- Family Home Visiting Expectant parents and parents or caregivers of young children can get in-home support with pregnancy topics, parenting skills and connections to community resources.
- Follow Along Program Program that helps to make sure children are learning and growing appropriately for their age
- Housing Stabilization Services (HSS) Medical Assistance benefit to help people with disabilities and seniors find and keep housing
- Teen Parent Assistance Helps prepare young parents with classes or other educational programs and support
- WIC - Supplemental Nutrition Program A nutrition and breastfeeding program that helps young families eat well and be healthy. Learn about nutrition during pregnancy and feeding your baby and young children; meet breastfeeding goals; and buy healthy food using your WIC card.