Hennepin County Human Services and Public Health Department
Children's Mental Health Crisis Response Services (CRS)
Professional help 24/7 for children or youth experiencing a mental health crisis to help the child be safe, stay in their home, and get connected to support
Crisis Response provides mental health crisis outreach to children and youth to help stabilize and end the crisis. Crisis support is provided by licensed mental health professionals. Crisis Response is available 24 hours a day, 7 days every week.
Crisis Response may include:
- Figuring out what is wrong, how to stabilize the situation and how to get help, in person or by phone
- A crisis support professional going to the home, school, work or wherever the child needs help
- Evaluation of risk of harm to the child or to others
- Making a plan to manage the current crisis and reduce future crises
- Short-term care to help find long-term support
- Help for hospitals, schools, or police who are working with children and youth in crisis
- The Cope mobile crisis teams can come to where you are including home, school, or other public place
- Available 24/7/365
- Free / no cost to eligible clients
- Medicaid (Medical Assistance)
- Private health insurance
- 24 hours a day
- Children and/or youth with disabilities
Children and youth up to age 21.
Young people can call for help. Parents or teachers can also call for help for a young person.
The state list of crisis phone numbers in each county is available online.
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION: Contact the Crisis Line at: (612) 596-1223, available 24/7, including holidays
Crisis Response is covered by most health insurance plans, including state health care programs like Medical Assistance (MA) and MinnesotaCare.
You can also get free help if you don't have insurance.
300 S 6th St, Government Center, Minneapolis, MN, 55487
- Primary Contact for this program: 612-596-1223
- Main: 612-348-4111
- Children's Mental Health Crisis Response Services (CRS)
- Hennepin County Human Services and Public Health Department
Other Services at this Location
- Apply for Waiver Programs Accepts applications for Medical Assistance/Medicaid waiver programs
- Child and Teen Checkups Well-child care and screenings for eligible newborns, children and young adults
- County Programs for Families Apply for county programs that provide financial assistance and supportive resources to families
- County Programs for Food Support Apply for county programs that help pay for food
- County Programs for Income Assistance Apply for county programs that help pay for basic needs
- County Programs for People with Disabilities Apply for county programs that serve people with disabilities
- Family Home Visiting - Hennepin Healthy Families, Family Ties, Nurse Family Partnership Expectant parents, parents, or guardians of children five years old and younger can get in-home coaching with parenting skills and connections to community resources
- Follow Along Program Program that helps to make sure children are learning and growing appropriately for their age
- Housing Stabilization Services (HSS) Medical Assistance benefit to help people with disabilities and seniors find and keep housing
- Mental Health Crisis Response Services - Adult Immediate help for people having urgent problems with depression, panic, anxiety, delusions, or other mood or behavior disorders.
- Teen Parent Assistance Helps prepare young parents with classes or other educational programs and support
- WIC - Supplemental Nutrition Program Healthy eating and breastfeeding support program for women, infants and children. Benefits include nutrition information, healthy food you purchase using your card, and other health or community program referrals.