Greater Minneapolis Crisis Nursery
Short-term child care for families going through a crisis or stressful situation
Immediate child care is available to kids that need temporary supervision. A crisis nursery is generally available on a 24/7 basis. Crisis intervention services can include child abuse prevention and family support programs.
Services are available to families experiencing:
- Medical or mental health concerns
- Housing problems
- Financial strain or lapse in Child Care Assistance benefit
- Divorce or separation
- Family violence
- Emergency situations
Provides child care for up to 72 hours (three days and nights)
Supportive services include:
- Meals and snacks
- Enrichment activities
- Trauma-informed care
- Parent education and support
- Free / no cost to eligible clients
- 24 hours a day
Hennepin County families with children ages newborn through six years who are experiencing stress or a crisis situation which may endanger their children, and therefore need emergency care to prevent child abuse and neglect.
The family initiates placement. Parents or guardians call the Crisis Line at (763) 591-0100 to determine eligibility and space availability.
4544 4th Ave S, Minneapolis, MN, 55419
- Primary Contact for this program: 763-591-0100
- Main: 763-591-0400
Other Services at this Location
- Crisis Line Immediate support and advice for people in distress
- Family Home Visiting Expectant parents and parents or caregivers of young children can get in-home support with pregnancy topics, parenting skills and connections to community resources.