Fond du Lac Band of Lake Superior Chippewa
Early Childhood Family Education (ECFE)
Classes and support for parents of young children about ways to help their pre-school children learn
Early Childhood Family Education (ECFE) is a program for families and children. It helps parents/caregivers create a positive setting for child development and growth, and enrich their parenting skills. The overall goal is to strengthen families.
Early Childhood Family Education is designed for parents and their children ages birth to kindergarten enrollment, expectant parents, and for families up to third grade. The programs recognize the home is a child's first learning environment and parents are their children's primary and most influential teachers.
The mission of ECFE is to strengthen families and enhance the ability of all parents to provide the best possible environment for the healthy growth and development of their children.
- Sliding fee scale
- Native American Community
All Minnesota expectant parents and families with children between the ages of birth until starting kindergarten. If a school district has a PreK through 3rd grade initiative, that may provide parenting education services up to third grade.
Contact your local school district.
Classes have a sliding fee based on family income. Fees are waived for families unable to pay.
1720 Big Lake Rd, Cloquet, MN, 55720-9702
Other Services at this Location
- Apply for Waiver Programs Accepts applications for Medical Assistance/Medicaid waiver programs
- Children's Therapeutic Services and Supports (CTSS) Flexible range of mental health and rehabilitation services for children and youth with emotional disturbance or co-occurring substance use disorders.
- Early Head Start - Indigenous Families Services and programming for low-income infants and toddlers and their families that supports child development, parenting skills and self-sufficiency
- Head Start - Indigenous Families Services and programming that prepare low-income preschool children (ages 3 - 5) and their family's transition to public school kindergarten and support child development, parenting skills and self-sufficiency
- Job Training Learn how to do the tasks for a type of job
- Local Bus Service Bus transportation within a city, county or region
- Tribal Government Administrative center for the governing body of a tribe or association of tribes
- Primary Contact for this program: 218-878-8127
- Main - Administration: 218-879-4593
- Main - Cloquet Community Center: 218-878-7510
- Toll Free: 800-365-1613
Fond Du Lac Reservation