Teen Parent Assistance
Helps prepare young parents with classes or other educational programs
Parenting education program that works with young parents to help them succeed.
Education for teen parents can include classes, workshops or alternative learning settings.
Parent Education Groups offer pregnant and parenting youth and young adults the opportunity to increase parenting skills, social skills, independent living skills and pregnancy prevention as well as awareness of physical, chemical and mental health.
The program also includes a parent-child interaction coaching component to:
- Enhance parent-child relationships
- Improve parenting skills
- Decrease problematic behaviors observed in the child
- Reduce risk for child abuse
Includes weekly group discussions and activities. Parents are also offered case management services and home sessions as needed.
Call for location
- Primary Contact for this program: 612-617-0191
By appointment only
- FamilyWise Services - Minneapolis (University) 3036 University Ave SE, Minneapolis, MN, 55414
Other Services at this Location
- Support Group - Circle of Parents Advice, support and comfort for people and their families