Division of Indian Work
Transitional Housing - American Indian Youth
Time-limited housing and support services for individuals and/or families
Provides housing and supportive services to individuals and families who are homeless or in need of safe housing.
Transitional housing helps people live independently, address issues that led to homelessness or kept them homeless, rebuild their support network and transition into permanent housing.
The length of time a person can use the program is limited.
Healing Spirit House provides supportive, safe, positive, drug-free, alcohol-free environment and in-house services.
Residents learn independent living skills through group meetings and daily experiential learning such as assigned household chores and planning and preparing nightly house dinners.
Staff coordinate educational and vocational services, including enrollment in GED services and setting educational and career goals.
When a youth nears his time to age out of the system, the Case Manager assists him to find housing, connects him to resources that provide jobs skills training, additional education, or other employment opportunities depending on which direction the youth wants to go. The Case Manager stays in close contact with youth to smooth the transition into independent living.
- Native American Community
- People with low income
Serves long-term foster care American Indian males aged 16-21.
1001 E Lake St, Minneapolis, MN, 55407
Twin Cities Metro, primarily Hennepin County
- Primary Contact for this program: 612-279-6333
- Main: 612-722-8722
9:00am - 4:00pm, Monday - Friday
Other Services at this Location
- Family Home Visiting Expectant parents, parents, or guardians of children five years old and younger can get in-home coaching with parenting skills and connections to community resources
- Food Shelf Food support is available to people in need
- Parenting Support Education and support for parents, or soon to be parents
- Pregnancy Support Services Promotes healthy pregnancy outcomes and assists pregnant and parenting women
- Support Group - Grief, Grandparents as Caregivers Advice, support and comfort for people and their families