Division of Indian Work
Family Home Visiting
Expectant parents and parents or caregivers of young children can get in-home support with pregnancy topics, parenting skills and connections to community resources.
Family Home Visiting is a voluntary service available to pregnant persons and parents or caregivers of young children. Visits can be in the family's home, or another location preferred by the family.
A trained home visitor makes visits to provide the family support that is tailored to individual families' interests and needs, such as:
- Helping parents and caregivers create a healthy, nurturing environment for their young children
- Connecting families to community services, such as referrals for pregnant women to prenatal care
- Supporting parents and caregivers in being their child's first teacher
- Promoting positive parenting skills
About This Location
Some topics that a home visitor may help families learn more about are:
- Pregnancy health
- Newborn care and baby's health
- How babies grow, develop and learn
- What to do if there are concerns about a child's development and behavior
- Family Spirit
- Native American Community
Many Family Home Visiting programs in Minnesota use an evidence-based home visiting model and each model varies slightly in audience, eligibility, and focus. These programs offer services prenatally through at least a child's second birthday, and some programs serve families up to a child's fifth birthday. Contact the program to learn more about their age requirements.
Contact the local agency to enroll in this program.
No direct charge for families. Some programs may bill public or private health insurance for services, but families are not billed for co-pay or out-of-pocket costs.
1001 E Lake St, Minneapolis, MN, 55407
Twin Cities Metro area, primarily Hennepin County
- Primary Contact for this program: 612-279-6376
- Main: 612-722-8722
9:00am - 4:00pm, Monday - Friday
Other Services at this Location
- Food Shelf Food support is available to people in need
- Parenting Support Education and support for parents, or soon to be parents
- Pregnancy Support Services Promotes healthy pregnancy outcomes and assists pregnant and parenting women
- Support Group - Grief, Grandparents as Caregivers Advice, support and comfort for people and their families
- Transitional Housing - American Indian Youth Time-limited housing and support services for individuals and/or families