D. W. Jones Management, Inc.
Rural Subsidized Housing for Families
Privately owned building that provides low-income housing to eligible individuals and families
Privately owned building whose owner contracts with United States Department of Agriculture (USDA) Rural Development to receive rental subsidies. Property owner/manager must follow USDA regulations. The government gives funds directly to the apartment owners, who lower the rents they charge tenants with low-income. This type of affordable housing is specifically for individuals or families. The rental cost for some units is determined based on the resident's income.
- People with low income
Applicants must meet income guidelines. The USDA provides a guide to help you determine your eligibility, based on geographic location, income and family size. Download the document, open it, and click on the map of Minnesota to view county and metro area data. Households who fall into the "Very Low Income", "Low Income", and "Moderate Income" groupings are eligible for rental housing subsidized by the USDA. Priority may be given to lower income households if there is a waiting list for the property. There are additional guidelines for determining priority on a waiting list.
This type of housing is specifically for individuals and families. Individual properties may have additional eligibility requirements.
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION: Primarily serves Wadena county residents that are income eligible
To obtain an application, contact the management company responsible for the property at which you intend to apply. To find properties in Minnesota, visit the USDA Rural Development website and click on Minnesota. Click on a county to find a list of properties. Click on a property to obtain the contact information for the management company.
The information for each property includes the "complex type," which is Elderly, Family or Congregate housing. If the complex type is listed as Family, it is available for families as well as single-person households and elderly or disabled households.
Or you can contact the Minnesota USDA Rural Development State Office at (651) 602-7800.
505 Heartland St, Park Rapids, MN, 56470
- Primary Contact for this program: 218-547-3307
8:00am - 5:00pm, Monday - Friday
- Parkview Housing I and II 510 Heartland St, Park Rapids, MN, 56470
- Blueberry Hills Apartments 420 - 422 1st St NE, Menahga, MN, 56464
- Riverview - Hilltop Apartments 201 5th St SW, Sebeka, MN, 56477
- Birch Lake Apartments 213 Highway 371 N, Hackensack, MN, 56452
- Mayview Manor Apartments 914 Lake May Dr, Walker, MN, 56484
- Ridgeway Court IV 914 30th St NW, Bemidji, MN, 56601
- Ridgeway Court III 910 - 922 30th St NW, Bemidji, MN, 56601
- Country Terrace Apartments 432 Pine Ave S, Motley, MN, 56466
- Park Terrace Apartments 521 5th St NW, Mahnomen, MN, 56557
- Cedar Street Apartments 11 Cedar St NW, Remer, MN, 56672
- Ridgeview I Apartments 727 Walnut St, Brainerd, MN, 56401
- Ridgeview II Apartments 810 Walnut St, Brainerd, MN, 56401
- Pineview Manor Apartments 181 Northern Ave NW, Blackduck, MN, 56630
- Pinewood Manor Apartments 23313 Cross Dr, Deerwood, MN, 56444
- River Heights Apartments 1000 Minnesota Ave S, Aitkin, MN, 56431
- Woodland Manor Apartments 1444 SE 2nd Ave, Grand Rapids, MN, 55744
- Prairie Rose Apartments 200 - 209 9th St SW, Red Lake Falls, MN, 56750
- Prairieland Duplexes 1304 Prairie Rose Ave, Crookston, MN, 56716
- Greentree Square II 1100 Barrette St, Crookston, MN, 56716
- Brooten Area Farm Labor Housing 210 Industry Dr, Brooten, MN, 56316
- Westfield Apartments 215 Western Ave S, Brooten, MN, 56316
- Mountain Manor Apartments 5700 Mountain Ave, Mountain Iron, MN, 55768
- Westside Manor Apartments 205 5th St SW, Baudette, MN, 56623
- Northland Apartments 606 & 610 Grant St SE, Warroad, MN, 56763
- Southside Square Apartments 507 7th Ave SE, Roseau, MN, 56751
- Birchwood Apartments - Grand Marais 801 W 5th St, Grand Marais, MN, 55604