Crow Wing County Community Services Public Health
Family Home Visiting
Expectant parents and parents or caregivers of young children can get in-home support with pregnancy topics, parenting skills and connections to community resources.
Family Home Visiting is a voluntary service available to pregnant persons and parents or caregivers of young children. Visits can be in the family's home, or another location preferred by the family.
A trained home visitor makes visits to provide the family support that is tailored to individual families' interests and needs, such as:
- Helping parents and caregivers create a healthy, nurturing environment for their young children
- Connecting families to community services, such as referrals for pregnant women to prenatal care
- Supporting parents and caregivers in being their child's first teacher
- Promoting positive parenting skills
- Breastfeeding counseling
- Child passenger seat safety education
- Smoking cessation support
About This Location
Some topics that a home visitor may help families learn more about are:
- Pregnancy health
- Newborn care and baby's health
- How babies grow, develop and learn
- What to do if there are concerns about a child's development and behavior
- Assistance with community resources
- Maternal Early Childhood Sustained Home-Visiting (MECSH)
- Free / no cost to everyone
Many Family Home Visiting programs in Minnesota use an evidence-based home visiting model and each model varies slightly in audience, eligibility, and focus. These programs offer services prenatally through at least a child's second birthday, and some programs serve families up to a child's fifth birthday. Contact the program to learn more about their age requirements.
Contact the local agency to enroll in this program.
No direct charge for families. Some programs may bill public or private health insurance for services, but families are not billed for co-pay or out-of-pocket costs.
204 Laurel St, Ste 12, Brainerd, MN, 56401
Crow Wing County
- Primary Contact for this program: 218-824-1170
- Toll Free: 877-724-1080
8:00am - 5:00pm, Monday - Friday
Other Services at this Location
- Child and Teen Checkups Coordinators connect individuals to well-child care and screenings for eligible newborns, children and young adults
- Follow Along Program Program that helps to make sure children are learning and growing appropriately for their age
- Public Health Clinic Public health departments offer screenings, health education and wellness services
- WIC - Supplemental Nutrition Program A nutrition and breastfeeding program that helps young families eat well and be healthy. Learn about nutrition during pregnancy and feeding your baby and young children; meet breastfeeding goals; and buy healthy food using your WIC card.