Countryside Public Health Department
Family Home Visiting
Expectant parents and parents or caregivers of young children can get in-home support with pregnancy topics, parenting skills and connections to community resources.
Family Home Visiting is a voluntary service available to pregnant persons and parents or caregivers of young children. Visits can be in the family's home, or another location preferred by the family.
A trained home visitor makes visits to provide the family support that is tailored to individual families' interests and needs, such as:
- Helping parents and caregivers create a healthy, nurturing environment for their young children
- Connecting families to community services, such as referrals for pregnant women to prenatal care
- Supporting parents and caregivers in being their child's first teacher
- Promoting positive parenting skills
The Nurse-Family Partnership model is provided by Supporting Hands Nurse-Family Partnership Program
About This Location
Some topics that a home visitor may help families learn more about are:
- Pregnancy health
- Newborn care and baby's health
- How babies grow, develop and learn
- What to do if there are concerns about a child's development and behavior
- Maternal Early Childhood Sustained Home-Visiting (MECSH)
- Medicaid (Medical Assistance)
Many Family Home Visiting programs in Minnesota use an evidence-based home visiting model and each model varies slightly in audience, eligibility, and focus. These programs offer services prenatally through at least a child's second birthday, and some programs serve families up to a child's fifth birthday. Contact the program to learn more about their age requirements.
Contact the local agency to enroll in this program.
No direct charge for families. Some programs may bill public or private health insurance for services, but families are not billed for co-pay or out-of-pocket costs.
415 9th Ave, Granite Falls, MN, 56241
Yellow Medicine County
- Primary Contact for this program: 320-287-2585
- Main and TTY: 320-564-3010
- Toll Free: 800-407-3628
- Toll Free - WIC: 800-407-3628
- Countryside Public Health - Chippewa County 517 N 17th St, Montevideo, MN, 56265
- Countryside Public Health - Lac Qui Parle County 422 5th Ave, Madison, MN, 56256
- Countryside Public Health - Swift County 201 13th St S, Benson, MN, 56215
- Countryside Public Health - Big Stone County 342 2nd St NW, Ortonville, MN, 56278
Other Services at this Location
- Child and Teen Checkups Coordinators connect individuals to well-child care and screenings for eligible newborns, children and young adults
- Follow Along Program Program that helps to make sure children are learning and growing appropriately for their age
- Public Health Clinic Public health departments offer screenings, health education and wellness services