Counseling Services of Southern Minnesota, Inc.
Early Childhood Mental Health Services
Mental health services for young children and their families
Mental health services that can support healthy parenting when either the caregiver or the child is affected by emotional or behavioral concerns. For caregivers, this may be a history of postpartum depression, trauma, anxiety, other mental illness, or substance use. For young children, this may be challenging behaviors, trouble with eating or sleeping, tantrums, or other emotional or behavioral problems.
These services are especially important for young children or parents/caregivers who have experienced trauma, such as abuse, neglect, violence, or other stressful or scary events in life.
- Diagnostic services for children ages 0 - 17 years
- Infant Early Childhood Therapy Services
- Child parent psychotherapy
- Parent child interaction therapy
- Family therapy
- Outpatient therapy including Trauma-Focused Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (TF-CBT)
About This Location
Services are provided by professionals that are trained and supported by the Minnesota Department of Human Services (DHS) in evidence-based (proven) ways of assessing and treating early childhood and family mental health concerns. Professionals have specialty training to address trauma, emotional or behavioral concerns of babies, toddlers, and young children.
Children age birth - five years of age and their caregivers, with a focus on uninsured and underinsured families
1306 Marshall St, St. Peter, MN, 56082
Southern Minnesota including the counties of Blue Earth, Brown, Faribault, Le Sueur, Martin, Nicollet, Sibley, Waseca, and Watonwan
- Primary Contact for this program: 507-931-8040
- Counseling Services of Southern Minnesota - Mankato Office 226 N Broad St, Mankato, MN, 56001
Other Services at this Location
- Children's Therapeutic Services and Supports (CTSS) Flexible range of mental health and rehabilitation services for children and youth with emotional disturbance or co-occurring substance use disorders