Community Action Partnership of Scott, Carver and Dakota Counties
Early Head Start
Home visiting or center-based services and programs for low-income families with infants and toddlers that support child development, parenting skills and self-sufficiency
Early Head Start helps families with infants, toddler and pregnant women prepare for success. Programs promote children's development through services that support early learning, health, and family well-being.
The program helps with physical, cognitive, social and emotional development while being responsive to ethnic, cultural, and linguistic backgrounds.
Services vary in each local community and may include:
- Evidence-based home visiting
- Center-based or Family Child Care options in some local communities
- Socialization experiences for children and their families
- Leadership, advocacy, and training supports for families
- Coordination with public schools and Early Childhood Special Education
The goal is to deliver services to children and families in core areas of early learning, health, and family well-being while engaging parents as partners every step of the way.
Local Head Start services are delivered by public and private nonprofit and for-profit agencies supported by local, state, and federal funding.
- Community Action Partnership
- Free / no cost to eligible clients
- People with low income
The Health and Human Services (HHS) Poverty Guidelines are used to determine income eligibility for participation in Early Head Start programs.
- Pregnant women and children birth - age 3 who are from families with incomes below the poverty guidelines
- Children in families who are experiencing homelessness
- Families receiving public assistance such as Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (TANF) or Supplemental Security Income (SSI)
- Foster children are eligible regardless of their foster family's income
Local programs may determine additional selection criteria to be responsive to community needs.
No cost to participating families
2496 145th St W, Rosemount, MN, 55068
- Primary Contact for this program: 651-322-3529
- Main: 651-322-3500
8:00am - 4:30pm, Monday - Friday
- Redwood Community Center 311 150th St W, Apple Valley, MN, 55124
- Farmington School District 510 Walnut St, Farmington, MN, 55024
- Eagan Head Start 3370 Coachman Rd, Eagan, MN, 55121
- Inver Grove Heights Head Start 3203 68th St E, Inver Grove Heights, MN, 55076
- West St. Paul Head Start 60 Marie Ave E, West St. Paul, MN, 55118
- The Hamilton 4735 W 123rd St, Savage, MN, 55378
- Pearson Learning Center 917 Dakota St S, Shakopee, MN, 55379
- East Creek Family Center 303 E 6th St, Chaska, MN, 55318
Other Services at this Location
- Emergency Shelter Provides a temporary place to stay for people that do not have housing
- Energy Assistance Program Helps renters and homeowners pay their home heating bills and may also assist homeowners to fix or replace their broken furnace
- Family Homeless Prevention and Assistance Program (FHPAP) Short-term help for low-income families, youth and single adults who are homeless or are about to become homeless
- Head Start Services and programs that prepare low-income families with preschool children (ages 3 - 5) for their transition to public school kindergarten and to support child development, parenting skills and self-sufficiency
- Transitional Housing Time-limited housing and support services for individuals and/or families