Community Action Partnership of Scott, Carver and Dakota Counties
Early Head Start
Home visiting or center-based services and programs for low-income families with infants and toddlers that support child development, parenting skills and self-sufficiency
Early Head Start helps families with infants, toddler and pregnant women prepare for success. Programs promote children's development through services that support early learning, health, and family well-being.
The program helps with physical, cognitive, social and emotional development while being responsive to ethnic, cultural, and linguistic backgrounds.
Services vary in each local community and may include:
- Evidence-based home visiting
- Center-based or Family Child Care options in some local communities
- Socialization experiences for children and their families
- Leadership, advocacy, and training supports for families
- Coordination with public schools and Early Childhood Special Education
The goal is to deliver services to children and families in core areas of early learning, health, and family well-being while engaging parents as partners every step of the way.
Local Head Start services are delivered by public and private nonprofit and for-profit agencies supported by local, state, and federal funding.
- Community Action Partnership
- Free / no cost to eligible clients
- People with low income
The Health and Human Services (HHS) Poverty Guidelines are used to determine income eligibility for participation in Early Head Start programs.
- Pregnant women and children birth - age 3 who are from families with incomes below the poverty guidelines
- Children in families who are experiencing homelessness
- Families receiving public assistance such as Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (TANF) or Supplemental Security Income (SSI)
- Foster children are eligible regardless of their foster family's income
Local programs may determine additional selection criteria to be responsive to community needs.
No cost to participating families
303 E 6th St, Chaska, MN, 55318
- Primary Contact for this program: 952-567-8209
- Pearson Learning Center 917 Dakota St S, Shakopee, MN, 55379
- The Hamilton 4735 W 123rd St, Savage, MN, 55378
- Redwood Community Center 311 150th St W, Apple Valley, MN, 55124
- Eagan Head Start 3370 Coachman Rd, Eagan, MN, 55121
- Dakota County Office 2496 145th St W, Rosemount, MN, 55068
- Farmington School District 510 Walnut St, Farmington, MN, 55024
- West St. Paul Head Start 60 Marie Ave E, West St. Paul, MN, 55118
- Inver Grove Heights Head Start 3203 68th St E, Inver Grove Heights, MN, 55076
Other Services at this Location
- Head Start Services and programs that prepare low-income families with preschool children (ages 3 - 5) for their transition to public school kindergarten and to support child development, parenting skills and self-sufficiency