Community Action Partnership of Scott, Carver and Dakota Counties
Short-term child care for families going through a crisis or stressful situation
Immediate child care is available to kids that need temporary supervision. A crisis nursery is generally available on a 24/7 basis. Crisis intervention services can include child abuse prevention and family support programs.
Services are available to families experiencing:
- Medical or mental health concerns
- Housing problems
- Financial strain or lapse in Child Care Assistance benefit
- Divorce or separation
- Family violence
- Emergency situations
Offers support, information, and short-term temporary child care for children ages 0 - 12
Services are available to families who need a safe space for a child while working through a crisis or emergency.
- Community Action Partnership
- Free / no cost to everyone
All families in Scott and Carver counties who have children from 0 - 12 years of age
Call the 24/7 crisis hotline for assistance. A legal guardian is required to complete an initial paperwork prior to placement.
No fee for services
712 Canterbury Rd S, Shakopee, MN, 55379
Scott and Carver counties Food Shelf only serves Scott County
- Primary Contact for this program: 612-839-5101
- Main: 952-496-2125
8:00am - 4:30pm, Monday - Friday
Other Services at this Location
- Community Action Agency Provides programs and services that help individuals and families with low incomes.
- Emergency Shelter Provides a temporary place to stay for people that do not have housing
- Energy Assistance Program Helps renters and homeowners pay their home heating bills and may also assist homeowners to fix or replace their broken furnace
- Food Shelf Food support is available to people in need
- Help Paying for Basic Needs Short term help for basic needs like food, shelter and transportation
- WIC - Supplemental Nutrition Program Healthy eating and breastfeeding support program for women, infants and children. Benefits include nutrition information, healthy food you purchase using your card, and other health or community program referrals.