Community Action Partnership of Ramsey & Washington Counties
Family Homeless Prevention and Assistance Program (FHPAP)
Short-term help for low-income families, youth and single adults who are homeless or are about to become homeless
The Family Homeless Prevention and Assistance Program (FHPAP) helps low-income families with or without children, unaccompanied youth and single adults who are homeless or are about to become homeless.
Resources and money help with:
- Preventing homelessness
- Getting back into housing right away
- Staying in housing
Assistance usually takes the form of short-term help with rent. It may also help with utility costs. Payments may help to prevent foreclosure or eviction.
- Community Action Partnership
- People with low income
Recipients are households at or below 200% Federal Poverty Guidelines and the household must be experiencing a housing crisis and a need for assistance.
Housing assistance and services may vary by region or agency. There are FHPAP programs in all Minnesota counties and six of the northern tribal nations including Red Lake, White Earth, Fond Du Lac, Bois Forte, Mille Lacs and Leech Lake.
Additional eligibility criteria may apply.
450 Syndicate St N, Ste 35, St. Paul, MN, 55104
Ramsey and Washington counties
- Primary Contact for this program: 651-215-2262
- Main: 651-645-6445
Other Services at this Location
- Car Ownership Program Helps employed people purchase a car through a low interest loan
- Community Action Agency Provides programs and services that help individuals and families with low incomes.
- Early Head Start Home visiting or center-based services and programs for low-income families with infants and toddlers that support child development, parenting skills and self-sufficiency
- Financial Management Education Classes, workshops and information about money management
- Head Start Services and programs that prepare low-income families with preschool children (ages 3 - 5) for their transition to public school kindergarten and to support child development, parenting skills and self-sufficiency
- Job Training Learn how to do the tasks for a type of job
- Transitional Housing Time-limited housing and support services for individuals and/or families
- Weatherization Assistance Program Helps low-income homeowners and renters to reduce energy costs