Community Resource Hub navigators are available in some areas to help families connect to local resources
Help Me Connect celebrates young children and early learners – view the Early Learning and Child Care resources.
Community Action Partnership of Ramsey & Washington Counties
Car Ownership Program
Helps employed people purchase a car through a low interest loan
Helps working people purchase cars through a loan program
Community Action provides a low interest loan up to $6,000 for people to purchase a car and guide them through the car buying process.
- Community Action Partnership
- People with low income
Applications are limited to people who do not qualify for a car loan at a reasonable interest rate due to a lack of credit history, limited income, or short employment history.
Applicants must meet the following requirements to be eligible:
- Live in Ramsey or Washington County
- Have a continuous work history of 6+ months at a minimum of 20 hours per week
- Provide recent documentation of monthly income
- Have a valid Minnesota driver's license
- Be age 18 or older
- Ability to provide proof of full coverage insurance prior to loan closing
- Household income is at or below 200% of the federal poverty guidelines
Requires an interview process, which involves a credit and budget review.
450 Syndicate St N, Ste 35, St. Paul, MN, 55104
Ramsey and Washington counties
- Primary Contact for this program: 651-603-5880
- Main: 651-645-6445
Other Services at this Location
- Community Action Agency Provides programs and services that help individuals and families with low incomes.
- Early Head Start Home visiting or center-based services and programs for low-income families with infants and toddlers that support child development, parenting skills and self-sufficiency
- Family Homeless Prevention and Assistance Program (FHPAP) Short-term help for low-income families, youth and single adults who are homeless or are about to become homeless
- Financial Management Education Classes, workshops and information about money management
- Head Start Services and programs that prepare low-income families with preschool children (ages 3 - 5) for their transition to public school kindergarten and to support child development, parenting skills and self-sufficiency
- Job Training Learn how to do the tasks for a type of job
- Transitional Housing Time-limited housing and support services for individuals and/or families
- Weatherization Assistance Program Helps low-income homeowners and renters to reduce energy costs