Clearwater County Department of Human Services
Parent Support Outreach Program (PSOP)
Early intervention resource program for at-risk families that aims to help children and parents thrive
Voluntary, early intervention program providing short-term support for at-risk or overwhelmed families.
Comprehensive assessment is completed, and families are connected to needed support and resources to assist many types of issues, such as:
- Basic needs (food, clothing, housing)
- Family health concerns (medical care, mental and chemical health services)
- Child care
- Financial needs (budgeting and financial assistance)
The goals of this program are to enhance the well-being of children and families, ensure and maintain safety for children, and support families so they can meet the needs of their children by themselves and through support systems.
To be eligible, families must:
- Have at least one child age 10 or younger, or be pregnant
- Be exposed to at least 2 or more at-risk factors which may include:
- Domestic violence
- Alcohol and drug problems
- Mental health concerns
- History of child protection involvement
- Not currently be involved with child protection services
Families can refer themselves or be referred by community or social service agencies.
Contact your county or tribal human services department to make or inquire about a referral. General questions can be sent to: DHS.CSP.PSOP@state.mn.us
There is no fee to participate
216 Park Ave NW, Bagley, MN, 56621-9500
Primarily serves Clearwater County
- Primary Contact for this program: 218-694-6164
8:00am - 4:30pm, Monday - Friday
Other Services at this Location
- Apply for Waiver Programs Accepts applications for Medical Assistance/Medicaid waiver programs
- Child Foster Care (CFC) Licensing The local county office that oversees licenses for child foster care. Foster care is a temporary safe family home for children who have been placed by a court order or a voluntary placement agreement.
- County Programs for Families Apply for county programs that provide financial assistance and supportive resources to families
- County Programs for Food Support Apply for county programs that help pay for food
- County Programs for Income Assistance Apply for county programs that help pay for basic needs
- County Programs for People with Disabilities Apply for county programs that serve people with disabilities
- Energy Assistance Program Helps renters and homeowners pay their home heating bills and may also assist homeowners to fix or replace their broken furnace