Clay County Public Health
WIC - Supplemental Nutrition Program
Healthy eating and breastfeeding support program for women, infants and children. Benefits include nutrition information, healthy food you purchase using your card, and other health or community program referrals.
Women, Infants and Children (WIC) is a nutrition and breastfeeding program to help pregnant women, new mothers, infants and young children eat well, learn about nutrition, and stay healthy.
WIC benefits include:
- Nutrition information
- Nutritious foods you purchase using your WIC card
- Health or community referrals
- Assistance with community resources
- Nutrition assessment and/or counseling
- Free / no cost to eligible clients
- People with low income
Minnesota WIC is for:
- Women who are pregnant or recently had a baby
- Breastfeeding women
- Children up to age 5
Minnesota families must:
- Live in Minnesota.
- Meet WIC income guidelines
- Families are automatically income eligible if they are enrolled in another program such as Medical Assistance, Minnesota Family Investment Program (MFIP) or Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP) Electronic Benefit Transfer (EBT)
Find income guidelines and a full list of automatic income eligibility programs on the Minnesota WIC website
All WIC clinics require appointments.
Bring to your appointment:
- All children under 5 years old, so staff can measure their height, weight, and hemoglobin
- Proof of identity for each woman and child
- Proof of all family income
- Proof of Minnesota address
Find required documents examples and more information about what to expect at your WIC appointment
This is a free service.
715 11th St N, Ste 105, Moorhead, MN, 56560
- Primary Contact for this program: 218-299-7777
Clinic: 8:00am - 4:30pm, Monday - Thursday
WIC: 8:00am - 4:30pm, Monday - Friday
Other Services at this Location
- Public Health Clinic Public health departments offer screenings, health education and wellness services