Central Minnesota Mental Health Center
Early Childhood Mental Health Services
Mental health services for young children and their families
Mental health services that can support healthy parenting when either the caregiver or the child is affected by emotional or behavioral concerns. For caregivers, this may be a history of postpartum depression, trauma, anxiety, other mental illness, or substance use. For young children, this may be challenging behaviors, trouble with eating or sleeping, tantrums, or other emotional or behavioral problems.
These services are especially important for young children or parents/caregivers who have experienced trauma, such as abuse, neglect, violence, or other stressful or scary events in life.
Offers integrated care for primary caregivers and their 0 - 6 age children
Evidence based early interventions may include:
- Child Parent Psychotherapy
- Parent Child interactive Therapy
- Attachment Bio-behavioral Catch-up Therapy
- Mental health consultation
Provides a trauma informed, culturally sensitive, multigenerational approach with a strong focus on relationships.
About This Location
Services are provided by professionals that are trained and supported by the Minnesota Department of Human Services (DHS) in evidence-based (proven) ways of assessing and treating early childhood and family mental health concerns. Professionals have specialty training to address trauma, emotional or behavioral concerns of babies, toddlers, and young children.
Children age birth - five years of age and their caregivers, with a focus on uninsured and underinsured families
407 Washington St, Monticello, MN, 55362
Monticello and surrounding areas
- Primary Contact for this program: 763-295-4001
- Toll Free - Mental Health Crisis Hotline: 800-635-8008
7:30am - 6:00pm , Monday, Wednesday, and Thursday 7:30am - 8:00pm, Tuesday 7:30am - 12:30pm, Friday
- Buffalo Campus 308 12th Ave S, Buffalo, MN, 55313
- Elk River Campus 253 8th St NW, Elk River, MN, 55330
- Central Minnesota Mental Health Center 1321 13th St N, St. Cloud, MN, 56303
- Waite Park Campus 411 3rd St N, Waite Park, MN, 56387