Central Minnesota Mental Health Center
Early Childhood Mental Health Services
Mental health services for young children and their families
Mental health services that can support healthy parenting when either the caregiver or the child is affected by emotional or behavioral concerns. For caregivers, this may be a history of postpartum depression, trauma, anxiety, other mental illness, or substance use. For young children, this may be challenging behaviors, trouble with eating or sleeping, tantrums, or other emotional or behavioral problems.
These services are especially important for young children or parents/caregivers who have experienced trauma, such as abuse, neglect, violence, or other stressful or scary events in life.
Services are provided by professionals that are trained and supported by the Minnesota Department of Human Services (DHS) in evidence-based (proven) ways of assessing and treating early childhood and family mental health concerns.
Offers integrated care for primary caregivers and their 0 - 6 age children
Evidence based early interventions may include:
- Child Parent Psychotherapy
- Parent Child interactive Therapy
- Attachment Bio-behavioral Catch-up Therapy
- Circle of Security Groups
- Mental health consultation
Provides a trauma informed, culturally sensitive, multigenerational approach with a strong focus on relationships.
Children age birth - five years of age and their caregivers, with a focus on uninsured and underinsured families
1321 13th St N, St. Cloud, MN, 56303-2614
- Waite Park Campus 411 3rd St N, Waite Park, MN, 56387-1177
- Monticello Campus 407 Washington St, Monticello, MN, 55362-8815
- Buffalo Campus 308 12th Ave S, Buffalo, MN, 55313-2322
- Elk River Campus 253 8th St NW, Elk River, MN, 55330-1581
Other Services at this Location
- Children's Mental Health Crisis Response Services (CRS) Professional help 24/7 for children or youth experiencing a mental health crisis to help the child be safe, stay in their home, and get connected to support.
- Mental Health Crisis Response Services - Adult Immediate help for people having urgent problems with depression, panic, anxiety, delusions, or other mood or behavior disorders.
- Primary Contact for this program: 320-252-5010
- Detoxification Service: 320-252-6654
- Mental Health Crisis Hotline: 320-253-5555
- Toll Free - Mental Health Crisis Hotline: 800-635-8008
Benton, Sherburne, Stearns and Wright Counties