Carver County Mental Health Program - First Street Center
Family Homeless Prevention and Assistance Program (FHPAP)
Short-term help for low-income families, youth, and single adults who are homeless or are about to become homeless.
The Family Homeless Prevention and Assistance Program (FHPAP) helps low-income families with or without children, unaccompanied youth, and single adults who are homeless or are about to become homeless.
Resources and money help with:
- Preventing homelessness
- Getting back into housing right away
- Staying in housing
Assistance usually takes the form of short-term help with rent. It may also help with utility costs. Payments may help to prevent foreclosure or eviction.
Housing assistance and services may vary by region or agency. There are FHPAP programs in all Minnesota counties and six of the northern tribal nations including Red Lake, White Earth, Fond Du Lac, Bois Forte, Mille Lacs and Leech Lake.
Recipients are households at or below 200% Federal Poverty Guidelines and the household must be experiencing a housing crisis and a need for assistance.
Additional eligibility criteria may apply.
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION: Serves Carver and Scott counties
540 E 1st St, Waconia, MN, 55387
- Primary Contact for this program: 952-442-3070
- Main: 952-442-4437
- Main - Crisis Line: 952-442-7601
Other Services at this Location
- Children's Mental Health Crisis Response Services (CRS) Professional help 24/7 for children or youth experiencing a mental health crisis to help the child be safe, stay in their home, and get connected to support.
- Children's Therapeutic Services and Supports (CTSS) Flexible range of mental health and rehabilitation services for children and youth with emotional disturbance or co-occurring substance use disorders.
- Housing Stabilization Services (HSS) Medical Assistance benefit to help people with disabilities and seniors find and keep housing
- Mental Health Crisis Response Services - Adult Immediate help for people having urgent problems with depression, panic, anxiety, delusions, or other mood or behavior disorders.