Early Childhood Mental Health Services
Mental health services for young children and their families
Mental health services that can support healthy parenting when either the caregiver or the child is affected by emotional or behavioral concerns. For caregivers, this may be a history of postpartum depression, trauma, anxiety, other mental illness, or substance use. For young children, this may be challenging behaviors, trouble with eating or sleeping, tantrums, or other emotional or behavioral problems.
These services are especially important for young children or parents/caregivers who have experienced trauma, such as abuse, neglect, violence, or other stressful or scary events in life.
Together with parents and caregivers, trained specialists work to understand and assess a child's struggles in order to provide individualized tailored recommendations and interventions that support social and emotional development.
They offer specialized assessments as well as individual and family therapy and/or skills training.
About This Location
Services are provided by professionals that are trained and supported by the Minnesota Department of Human Services (DHS) in evidence-based (proven) ways of assessing and treating early childhood and family mental health concerns. Professionals have specialty training to address trauma, emotional or behavioral concerns of babies, toddlers, and young children.
Children age birth - five years of age and their caregivers, with a focus on uninsured and underinsured families
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION: Early childhood services are available throughout the Twin Cities metro area.
Call Chantel Gramenz at (651) 251-5191
375 Orleans St E, Stillwater, MN, 55082
Ramsey and Washington counties
- Primary Contact for this program: 651-251-5191
- Main: 651-777-5222
- Canvas Health - Oakdale 7066 Stillwater Blvd N, Oakdale, MN, 55128
- Canvas Health - Cottage Grove 8451 E Point Douglas Rd S, Cottage Grove, MN, 55016
- Canvas Health - Forest Lake 555 W Broadway Ave, Forest Lake, MN, 55025
- Canvas Health - Bloomington 1701 American Blvd E, Bloomington, MN, 55425
Other Services at this Location
- Children's Therapeutic Services and Supports (CTSS) Flexible range of mental health and rehabilitation services for children and youth with emotional disturbance or co-occurring substance use disorders