Children's Mental Health Crisis Response Services (CRS)
Professional help 24/7 for children or youth experiencing a mental health crisis to help the child be safe, stay in their home, and get connected to support
Crisis Response provides mental health crisis outreach to children and youth to help stabilize and end the crisis. Crisis support is provided by licensed mental health professionals. Crisis Response is available 24 hours a day, 7 days every week.
Crisis Response may include:
- Figuring out what is wrong, how to stabilize the situation and how to get help, in person or by phone
- A crisis support professional going to the home, school, work or wherever the child needs help
- Evaluation of risk of harm to the child or to others
- Making a plan to manage the current crisis and reduce future crises
- Short-term care to help find long-term support
- Help for hospitals, schools, or police who are working with children and youth in crisis
- Free / no cost to eligible clients
- Medicaid (Medical Assistance)
- Private health insurance
- 24 hours a day
- Children and/or youth with disabilities
Children and youth up to age 21.
Young people can call for help. Parents or teachers can also call for help for a young person.
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION: Anoka, Scott, Chisago, Isanti, Pine, Kanabec and Mille Lacs counties, Shakopee Mdewakanton Sioux Community and Mille Lacs Band of Ojibwe
The state list of crisis phone numbers in each county is available online.
- For Anoka County Mobile Crisis, call (763) 755-3801
- For Scott County and Shakopee Mdewakanton Sioux Community Mobile Crisis, call (952) 818-3702
- For East Central Crisis Response serving residents of Chisago, Isanti, Pine, Kanabec and Mille Lacs counties, and the Mille Lacs Band of Ojibwe call (800) 523-3333
Crisis Response is covered by most health insurance plans, including state health care programs like Medical Assistance (MA) and MinnesotaCare.
You can also get free help if you don't have insurance.
5842 Old Main St, Ste 2, North Branch, MN, 55056
Chisago, Isanti, Pine, Kanabec and Mille Lacs counties
- Primary Contact for this program: 800-523-3333
- Canvas Health - Anoka County Mobile Crisis 10077 Dogwood St NW, Coon Rapids, MN, 55448
- Canvas Health - Scott County Mobile Crisis 301 Fuller St S, Shakopee, MN, 55379
Other Services at this Location
- Adult Mental Health Crisis Response Services Immediate help for people having urgent problems with depression, panic, anxiety, delusions, or other mood or behavior disorders