Adult Mental Health Crisis Response Services
Immediate help for people having urgent problems with depression, panic, anxiety, delusions, or other mood or behavior disorders
Adult Mental Health Crisis Response Services can help you cope with a current crisis and stay in your home and community. A trained mental health crisis responder assesses the crisis, helps you get through the crisis, and then follows up helping you connect with longer term support and services.
If you need more help to be safe, crisis response can help to set up hospital care or to access a crisis stabilization service.
Every county in the state has an adult mental health crisis telephone number.
Most counties also provide other kinds of crisis help, like:
- Mobile Crisis Response Services: Trained crisis responders will come to your home (or a meeting place that you choose) to help you in a crisis
- Residential Crisis Services: Help in a facility where you can stay for a few days until the crisis is under control
- Crisis Stabilization Services: Help you connect with other support services and gain skills to avoid future crises
- Free / no cost to everyone
- Medicaid (Medical Assistance)
- Private health insurance
- 24 hours a day
- Mental health
Any adult in Minnesota who is experiencing a mental health crisis can use the crisis response services. Examples of mental health crises may include feeling suicidal, depression, seeing or hearing things that may not be there, flashbacks, anxiety, panic, or any other mental health crisis.
If you are in danger of hurting yourself or someone else, call 911 right away.
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION: Anoka, Scott, Chisago, Isanti, Pine, Kanabec and Mille Lacs counties, Shakopee Mdewakanton Sioux Community and Mille Lacs Band of Ojibwe
If you are in a different county, the state list of crisis phone numbers is available online.
Crisis Text Line details are also available online.
- For Anoka County Mobile Crisis, call (763) 755-3801
- For Scott County and Shakopee Mdewakanton Sioux Community Mobile Crisis, call (952) 818-3702
- For East Central Crisis Response serving residents of Chisago, Isanti, Pine, Kanabec and Mille Lacs counties, and the Mille Lacs Band of Ojibwe call (800) 523-3333
People with or without insurance can get crisis help.
301 Fuller St S, Shakopee, MN, 55379
- Primary Contact for this program: 952-818-3702
- Canvas Health - Anoka County Mobile Crisis 10077 Dogwood St NW, Coon Rapids, MN, 55448
- Canvas Health - East Central Crisis Response 5842 Old Main St, North Branch, MN, 55056
Other Services at this Location
- Children's Mental Health Crisis Response Services (CRS) Professional help 24/7 for children or youth experiencing a mental health crisis to help the child be safe, stay in their home, and get connected to support