Bois Forte Band of Chippewa
WIC - Supplemental Nutrition Program
A nutrition and breastfeeding program that helps young families eat well and be healthy. Learn about nutrition during pregnancy and feeding your baby and young children; meet breastfeeding goals; and buy healthy food using your WIC card.
Women, Infants and Children (WIC) is a nutrition and breastfeeding program to help pregnant women, new mothers, infants and young children eat well, learn about nutrition, and stay healthy.
WIC benefits include:
- Nutrition education and information
- A variety of healthy foods you purchase using your WIC card
- Breastfeeding support and education
- Health or community referrals
- Assistance with community resources
- Nutrition assessment and/or counseling
- Free / no cost to eligible clients
- Native American Community
- People with low income
Minnesota WIC is for:
- Pregnant women
- Breastfeeding women who have had a baby within the past year
- Women who have had a baby within the past 6 months
- Women who have been pregnant within the past 6 months
- Children up to age 5
Minnesota families must:
- Live in Minnesota.
- Meet WIC income guidelines
- Families are automatically income eligible if they are enrolled in another program such as Medical Assistance, Minnesota Family Investment Program (MFIP), Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP), Electronic Benefit Transfer (EBT), Energy Assistance Program (EAP), Head Start, Medical Assistance TEFRA or Supplemental Security Income (SSI)
Find income guidelines and a full list of automatic income eligibility programs on the Minnesota WIC website
All WIC clinics require appointments.
Bring to your appointment:
- All children under 5 years old, so staff can measure their height, weight, and hemoglobin
- Proof of identity for each woman and child
- Proof of all family income
- Proof of Minnesota address
Find required documents examples and more information about what to expect at your WIC appointment
This is a free service.
13071 Nett Lake Rd, Ste A & B, Nett Lake, MN, 55772
Bois Forte Reservation
- Primary Contact for this program: 218-757-0233
- Main: 218-757-3295
- Toll Free: 800-747-1218
Other Services at this Location
- Domestic Violence Support Services Support program focusing on domestic abuse of individuals by their spouses or partners
- Family Homeless Prevention and Assistance Program (FHPAP) Short-term help for low-income families, youth and single adults who are homeless or are about to become homeless