Bi-County Community Action Programs, Inc.
Weatherization Assistance Program
Helps low-income homeowners and renters to reduce energy costs
Provides services to income-qualified homeowners and renters to reduce energy bills by making homes more energy efficient while protecting the health and safety of household members
Local Weatherization Assistance Program (WAP) providers will do an energy audit to determine if weatherization is needed and will create a plan for the most cost-effective energy efficient improvements for your home.
Services may include:
- Addition of attic or wall insulation
- Reduction of air leakage
- Replacement or repair of furnaces, boilers, and water heaters
- Education on how you can reduce energy usage in your home
Conservation Improvement Programs are designed to help income qualified customers save money on their energy bills and may include:
- Refrigerator or water heater replacements
- Air sealing
- Upgrading furnace efficiency
- Insulation for attics and walls
- Health and safety measures
- Door and window replacement (mobile homes only)
Whenever possible, funds are coordinated with other funds to better serve the housing needs of low-income households.
- Community Action Partnership
- People with low income
Households at or below 200% of Federal Poverty Income Guidelines, based on past three months of income, are eligible. Households receiving Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (TANF) or Supplemental Security Income (SSI) within the last 12 months are also eligible.
Priority is given to households with:
- Elderly or disabled family members
- Children under 19 years of age
- High energy consumption
Please note that the wait time for assistance, after eligibility has been determined, varies between local WAP providers.
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION: Primarily serves low income eligible persons in Beltrami and Cass Counties
Complete one of the following applications:
Applications can also be picked up from your local service provider, or Minnesota residents can obtain an application and more information by calling (800) 657-3710.
Mail the completed application to your local provider.
There is no fee.
6603 Bemidji Ave N, Bemidji, MN, 56601
Beltrami and Cass counties
- Primary Contact for this program: 218-751-4631
- Main: 218-333-9864
- Toll Free: 800-332-7161
- BI-CAP - Cass County 8245 Industrial Park Rd NW, Walker, MN, 56484
Other Services at this Location
- Community Action Agency Provides programs and services that help individuals and families with low incomes.
- Emergency Shelter Provides a temporary place to stay for people that do not have housing
- Energy Assistance Program Helps renters and homeowners pay their home heating bills and may also assist homeowners to fix or replace their broken furnace
- Family Homeless Prevention and Assistance Program (FHPAP) Short-term help for low-income families, youth and single adults who are homeless or are about to become homeless
- Help Paying for Basic Needs Short term help for basic needs like food, shelter and transportation
- Transitional Housing Time-limited housing and support services for individuals and/or families