Bi-County Community Action Programs, Inc.
Family Homeless Prevention and Assistance Program (FHPAP)
Short-term help for low-income families, youth, and single adults who are homeless or are about to become homeless.
The Family Homeless Prevention and Assistance Program (FHPAP) helps low-income families with or without children, unaccompanied youth, and single adults who are homeless or are about to become homeless.
Resources and money help with:
- Preventing homelessness
- Getting back into housing right away
- Staying in housing
Assistance usually takes the form of short-term help with rent. It may also help with utility costs. Payments may help to prevent foreclosure or eviction.
Housing assistance and services may vary by region or agency. There are FHPAP programs in all Minnesota counties and six of the northern tribal nations including Red Lake, White Earth, Fond Du Lac, Bois Forte, Mille Lacs and Leech Lake.
- Community Action Partnership
Recipients are households at or below 200% Federal Poverty Guidelines and the household must be experiencing a housing crisis and a need for assistance.
Additional eligibility criteria may apply.
6603 Bemidji Ave N, Bemidji, MN, 56601
Beltrami and Cass County
- Primary Contact for this program: 218-333-9828
- Main: 218-333-9864
- Toll Free: 800-332-7161
- BI-CAP - Cass County 8245 Industrial Park Rd NW, Walker, MN, 56484
Other Services at this Location
- Community Action Agency Provides programs and services that help individuals and families with low incomes.
- Emergency Shelter Provides a temporary place to stay for people that do not have housing
- Energy Assistance Program Helps renters and homeowners pay their home heating bills and may also assist homeowners to fix or replace their broken furnace
- Help Paying for Basic Needs Short term help for basic needs like food, shelter and transportation
- Transitional Housing Time-limited housing and support services for individuals and/or families
- Weatherization Assistance Program Helps low-income homeowners and renters to reduce energy costs