Bi-County Community Action Programs, Inc.
Energy Assistance Program
Helps renters and homeowners pay their home heating bills and may also assist homeowners to fix or replace their broken furnace
Energy Assistance Program (EAP) services may include:
- Help paying energy bills
- Help paying water/wastewater bills
- Help with utility disconnections or getting fuel delivered
- Information on efficient and safe use of energy
- Helping you work with your energy suppliers and human service providers
- Repairing or replacing a broken furnace or heating system, if you own your home
- Community Action Partnership
Households who are at or below 60 percent of the state median income are eligible.
For example, a family of four earning $65,228 annually, or less may be eligible. Eligibility is based on three most recent months of income.
Funds are available for renters and homeowners.
Contact this provider for an application.
Minnesota residents may also obtain an application and more information by calling (800) 657-3710 or by downloading them and mailing them to their local Energy Assistance Program provider.
There is no fee.
8245 Industrial Park Rd NW, Walker, MN, 56484
Beltrami and Cass County
- Primary Contact for this program: 218-547-3438
- Toll Free: 800-332-7135
- BI-CAP - Beltrami County 6603 Bemidji Ave N, Bemidji, MN, 56601
Other Services at this Location
- Emergency Shelter Provides a temporary place to stay for people that do not have housing
- Family Homeless Prevention and Assistance Program (FHPAP) Short-term help for low-income families, youth, and single adults who are homeless or are about to become homeless.
- Help Paying for Basic Needs Short term help for basic needs like food, shelter and transportation
- Weatherization Assistance Program Helps low-income homeowners and renters to reduce energy costs