Bi-County Community Action Programs, Inc.
Early Head Start
Home visiting or center-based services and programs for low-income families with infants and toddlers that support child development, parenting skills and self-sufficiency
Early Head Start helps families with infants, toddler and pregnant women prepare for success. Programs promote children's development through services that support early learning, health, and family well-being.
The program helps with physical, cognitive, social and emotional development while being responsive to ethnic, cultural, and linguistic backgrounds.
Services vary in each local community and may include:
- Evidence-based home visiting
- Center-based or Family Child Care options in some local communities
- Socialization experiences for children and their families
- Leadership, advocacy, and training supports for families
- Coordination with public schools and Early Childhood Special Education
The goal is to deliver services to children and families in core areas of early learning, health, and family well-being while engaging parents as partners every step of the way.
Local Head Start services are delivered by public and private nonprofit and for-profit agencies supported by local, state, and federal funding.
- Community Action Partnership
- Free / no cost to eligible clients
- People with low income
The Health and Human Services (HHS) Poverty Guidelines are used to determine income eligibility for participation in Early Head Start programs.
- Pregnant women and children birth - age 3 who are from families with incomes below the poverty guidelines
- Children in families who are experiencing homelessness
- Families receiving public assistance such as Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (TANF) or Supplemental Security Income (SSI)
- Foster children are eligible regardless of their foster family's income
Local programs may determine additional selection criteria to be responsive to community needs.
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION: Primarily serves Beltrami and Cass Counties.
No cost to participating families
320 1st Ave, Backus, MN, 56435
- Primary Contact for this program: 218-333-9907
- Bemidji Head Start And Early Head Start 1601 Conifer Ave NW, Bemidji, MN, 56601
- Blackduck Head Start And Early Head Start 372 Summit Ave W, Blackduck, MN, 56630
Other Services at this Location
- Head Start Services and programs that prepare low-income families with preschool children (ages 3 - 5) for their transition to public school kindergarten and to support child development, parenting skills and self-sufficiency