Bethany Christian Services
Short-term child care for families going through a crisis or stressful situation
Immediate child care is available to kids that need temporary supervision. A crisis nursery is generally available on a 24/7 basis. Crisis intervention services can include child abuse prevention and family support programs.
Services are available to families experiencing:
- Medical or mental health concerns
- Housing problems
- Financial strain or lapse in Child Care Assistance benefit
- Divorce or separation
- Family violence
- Emergency situations
Safe Families for Children is a network of host families that help parents who need to temporarily place their children due to unmanageable or critical circumstances.
In Safe Families, parents voluntarily place children into homes, and Host Families receive no compensation for their care.
Children from birth - 17 years old are voluntarily placed with a host family with the goal of returning to their families and a healthier environment.
While it may vary, the average length of stay in Safe Families is 30 days, whereas foster care can be closer to a year.
This temporary care for children gives parents time to re-establish stability in their homes so the family can be reunited—stronger than ever.
This program is not foster care or adoption.
- Available for children from birth to age 17
- At least one parent must work with Bethany staff to resolve the crisis and reunite with the child(ren)
- This program does not include children who have experienced abuse or neglect