Community Resource Hub navigators are available in some areas to help families connect to local resources
Help Me Connect celebrates young children and early learners – view the Early Learning and Child Care resources.
Beltrami County Health & Human Services
County Programs for Food Support
Apply for county programs that help pay for food
County programs that help pay for food include:
- Minnesota Food Assistance Program (MFAP)- Helps pay for food for lawful noncitizens ages 50 and older who do not qualify for the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program
- Minnesota Family Investment Program (MFIP) - Helps families in poverty with children through a cash grant, food assistance and employment services
- SNAP - Food Support - Helps people with low income buy food
- Women, Infants and Children (WIC) - Nutrition program for eligible low income pregnant women, new mothers, babies and young children to eat well, learn about nutrition, and stay healthy
- People with low income
Check specific program guidelines for requirements.
616 America Ave NW, Ste 330, Bemidji, MN, 56601
- Primary Contact for this program: 218-333-8300
- Main - Public Health: 218-333-8140
8:00am - 4:30pm, Monday - Friday
Other Services at this Location
- Apply for Waiver Programs Accepts applications for Medical Assistance/Medicaid waiver programs
- Child and Teen Checkups Coordinators connect individuals to well-child care and screenings for eligible newborns, children and young adults
- Child Foster Care (CFC) Licensing The local county office that oversees licenses for child foster care. Foster care is a temporary safe family home for children who have been placed by a court order or a voluntary placement agreement.
- Child Support Services (CSS) The Minnesota Department of Human Services Child Support Division and county child support agencies work with both parents to establish and enforce child support court orders.
- County Programs for Families Apply for county programs that provide financial assistance and supportive resources to families
- County Programs for Income Assistance Apply for county programs that help pay for basic needs
- County Programs for People with Disabilities Apply for county programs that serve people with disabilities
- Family Home Visiting Expectant parents and parents or caregivers of young children can get in-home support with pregnancy topics, parenting skills and connections to community resources.
- Follow Along Program Program that helps to make sure children are learning and growing appropriately for their age
- Parent Support Outreach Program (PSOP) A voluntary, early intervention service that focuses on helping expecting and parenting at-risk families thrive.
- Public Health Clinic Public health departments offer screenings, health education and wellness services
- WIC - Supplemental Nutrition Program A nutrition and breastfeeding program that helps young families eat well and be healthy. Learn about nutrition during pregnancy and feeding your baby and young children; meet breastfeeding goals; and buy healthy food using your WIC card.