Community Resource Hub navigators are available in some areas to help families connect to local resources
If you need help paying your energy or water bills – visit the Energy Assistance Program
Beltrami County Health & Human Services
County Programs for Families
Apply for county programs that provide financial assistance and supportive resources to families
County programs for families with children include:
- Diversionary Work Program (DWP) - A four-month program that helps to support Minnesota parents while they find jobs
- Minnesota Child Care Assistance Program (CCAP) - Helps families with low incomes pay for child care while they go to work, look for work or attend school
- Minnesota Family Investment Program (MFIP) - Helps families in poverty with children through a cash grant, food assistance and employment services
- Parent Support Outreach - Voluntary program for at-risk families to help prevent child abuse and neglect
- People with low income
Check specific program guidelines for requirements.
616 America Ave NW, Ste 330, Bemidji, MN, 56601
- Primary Contact for this program: 218-333-8300
- Main - Public Health: 218-333-8140
8:00am - 4:30pm, Monday - Friday
Other Services at this Location
- Apply for Waiver Programs Accepts applications for Medical Assistance/Medicaid waiver programs
- Child and Teen Checkups Coordinators connect individuals to well-child care and screenings for eligible newborns, children and young adults
- Child Foster Care (CFC) Licensing The local county office that oversees licenses for child foster care. Foster care is a temporary safe family home for children who have been placed by a court order or a voluntary placement agreement.
- Child Support Services (CSS) The Minnesota Department of Human Services Child Support Division and county child support agencies work with both parents to establish and enforce child support court orders.
- County Programs for Food Support Apply for county programs that help pay for food
- County Programs for Income Assistance Apply for county programs that help pay for basic needs
- County Programs for People with Disabilities Apply for county programs that serve people with disabilities
- Family Home Visiting Expectant parents and parents or caregivers of young children can get in-home support with pregnancy topics, parenting skills and connections to community resources.
- Follow Along Program Program that helps to make sure children are learning and growing appropriately for their age
- Parent Support Outreach Program (PSOP) A voluntary, early intervention service that focuses on helping expecting and parenting at-risk families thrive.
- Public Health Clinic Public health departments offer screenings, health education and wellness services
- WIC - Supplemental Nutrition Program Healthy eating and breastfeeding support program for women, infants and children. Benefits include nutrition information, healthy food you purchase using your card, and other health or community program referrals.