Barnesville Public School District
Public School Early Childhood Education and Care Programs
Public school districts offer a variety of early childhood education programs and services for families and young children aged birth to kindergarten entrance.
The variety of programs listed below offer opportunities for both families and children to enhance their learning and development in ways that achieve positive outcomes for children and support their readiness for kindergarten.
About This Location
For more information about the specific programs offered by this district or charter school use the "Other Services at this Location" menu located on the right side of this page.
Early Childhood Family Education (ECFE) is a program for families and children. It helps parents/caregivers create a positive setting for child development and growth and enrich their parenting skills. The overall goal is to strengthen families.
Early Childhood Screening is a quick check to see how a child is growing and developing. Screening is recommended for a child between the ages of 3 and 4. It is required within 30 of starting kindergarten and within 90 days when starting a publicly funded preschool program.
Early Childhood Special Education programs provide supports and services to infants, toddlers and preschool children with disabilities and their families.
Preschool programs are designed to support 3- and 4-year-olds, so they are ready to start kindergarten. Public school districts have funding for a variety of types of preschool programs with varying eligibility and enrollment criteria. The programs are school readiness, voluntary prekindergarten, or school readiness plus.
For the specific list of programs offered by this district see the "Other Services at this Location" menu on the right side of this webpage.
All children are welcome and encouraged to participate in an early education program. Criteria for program eligibility and cost vary by program type and district. A sliding fee scale and scholarship options are available. The eligibility requirements are listed for each program type in the list under the "Other Services at this Location" menu on the right side of this page. For more specific information contact the school district.
Contact your local school district office or school for enrollment information. A Minnesota public school finder is available online.
Programs are free or have a sliding fee scale based on family income. Fees must be waived for families unable to pay. Scholarship options may be available.
310 5th St SE, Barnesville, MN, 56514
- Primary Contact for this program: 218-354-2217
- Main: 218-483-5678
Other Services at this Location
- Early Childhood Family Education (ECFE) Classes and support for parents of young children about ways to help their pre-school children learn
- Early Childhood Screening A quick check to see how a child is growing and developing.
- Early Childhood Special Education (ECSE) - Birth to Two Services and support for eligible infants and toddlers with developmental concerns and disabilities and their families.
- Early Childhood Special Education (ECSE) - Three to Five Services and support for eligible young children aged 3 up to Kindergarten entrance with developmental concerns or disabilities.
- Kindergarten Kindergarten supports children's cognitive, language, physical, social and emotional development
- School-based Preschool- School Readiness, School Readiness Plus, Voluntary Prekindergarten Public preschool programs help preschool age children prepare to enter kindergarten.