Barnesville Public School District
Early Childhood Special Education (ECSE) - Three to Five
Services and support for eligible young children aged 3 up to Kindergarten entrance with developmental concerns or disabilities.
Early Childhood Special Education (ECSE) is a system of services and supports for children ages 3 to Kindergarten entrance with developmental concerns and disabilities.
These services can include a referral through the Help Me Grow Minnesota referral system to determine if further evaluation is necessary. This may include screening, evaluation, and early childhood special education services.
These services are provided by licensed early childhood special education teachers and/or other therapists, and services typically happen within a school-based setting but are determined on an individual basis.
All services happen through the family's school district of residence.
- Free / no cost to eligible clients
- Children and/or youth with disabilities
Children ages 3 through age 5 who are eligible or those believed of having developmental concerns or disabilities
Program referrals can be made online.
After a referral is made through the Help Me Grow Minnesota referral system, the child's resident school district will contact the family to arrange for a screening or evaluation to determine if a child is eligible for Preschool Special Education services.
All services are free to eligible families regardless of income level or immigration status
310 5th St SE, Barnesville, MN, 56514
- Primary Contact for this program: 218-483-5678
Other Services at this Location
- Early Childhood Family Education (ECFE) Classes and support for parents of young children about ways to help their pre-school children learn
- Early Childhood Screening A quick check to see how a child is growing and developing.
- Early Childhood Special Education (ECSE) - Birth to Two Services and support for eligible infants and toddlers with developmental concerns and disabilities and their families.
- Kindergarten Kindergarten supports children's cognitive, language, physical, social and emotional development
- Public School Early Childhood Education and Care Programs Public school districts offer a variety of early childhood education programs and services for families and young children aged birth to kindergarten entrance.
- School-based Preschool- School Readiness, School Readiness Plus, Voluntary Prekindergarten Public preschool programs help preschool age children prepare to enter kindergarten.