Arrowhead Economic Opportunity Agency (AEOA)
Family Homeless Prevention and Assistance Program (FHPAP)
Short-term help for low-income families, youth and single adults who are homeless or are about to become homeless
The Family Homeless Prevention and Assistance Program (FHPAP) helps low-income families with or without children, unaccompanied youth and single adults who are homeless or are about to become homeless.
Resources and money help with:
- Preventing homelessness
- Getting back into housing right away
- Staying in housing
Assistance usually takes the form of short-term help with rent. It may also help with utility costs. Payments may help to prevent foreclosure or eviction.
- Community Action Partnership
- People with low income
Recipients are households at or below 200% Federal Poverty Guidelines and the household must be experiencing a housing crisis and a need for assistance.
Housing assistance and services may vary by region or agency. There are FHPAP programs in all Minnesota counties and six of the northern tribal nations including Red Lake, White Earth, Fond Du Lac, Bois Forte, Mille Lacs and Leech Lake.
Additional eligibility criteria may apply.
2124 10th St, Norden Ind. Park, Two Harbors, MN, 55616
- Primary Contact for this program: 218-623-3033
- Main: 218-834-2280
- Energy Assistance Program: 844-568-0149
- Toll Free: 800-223-1850
- Two Harbors RSVP: 218-834-2280
Food Shelf: 10:00am - 3:45pm, Tuesday
- Family Homeless Prevention and Assistance Program (FHPAP)
- Arrowhead Economic Opportunity Agency (AEOA)
Other Services at this Location
- Early Head Start Home visiting or center-based services and programs for low-income families with infants and toddlers that support child development, parenting skills and self-sufficiency
- Emergency Shelter Provides a temporary place to stay for people that do not have housing
- Food Shelf Food support is available to people in need
- Job Training Learn how to do the tasks for a type of job