Arrowhead Economic Opportunity Agency (AEOA)
Provides a temporary place to stay for people that do not have housing
Offers temporary shelter for those who are homeless or need a place to stay. Space may be available on-site, or may be provided at other nearby locations.
- Community Action Partnership
- People with low income
Services are available for individuals or families in Cook, Lake, and St. Louis Counties (excluding the City of Duluth).
If you are homeless, the first step is to call 211 for a housing screen
702 S 3rd Ave, Virginia, MN, 55792
St. Louis, Lake, and Cook counties Service delivery for some programs has extended to the four neighboring counties of Aitkin, Carlton, Itasca, and Koochiching
Some services available at this location are provided only in certain limited geographic areas. Please see the Eligibility requirements for each service to determine if that service is available in your location. Groceries to Go is only available in St. Louis County
- Primary Contact for this program: 218-749-2912
- Toll Free: 800-662-5711
8:00am - 4:30pm, Monday - Friday
- Bill's House (Virginia Shelter) 210 3rd St N, Virginia, MN, 55792
- Virginia Youth Foyer Call for location
- Hibbing AEOA Office 2125 2nd Ave E, Hibbing, MN, 55746
- Grand Rapids Office 421 SE 13th St, Grand Rapids, MN, 55744
- Two Harbors Office 2124 10th St, Two Harbors, MN, 55616
- International Falls Office 1000 5th St, International Falls, MN, 56649
Other Services at this Location
- Community Action Agency Provides programs and services that help individuals and families with low incomes.
- Energy Assistance Program Helps renters and homeowners pay their home heating bills and may also assist homeowners to fix or replace their broken furnace
- Family and Community Resource Navigator Early childhood specialists help families and those with young children find and connect with local early childhood and family well-being services.
- Family Homeless Prevention and Assistance Program (FHPAP) Short-term help for low-income families, youth and single adults who are homeless or are about to become homeless
- Home Repair Financial Assistance Loans to eligible homeowners to increase the accessibility of their house or make needed fixes
- Transitional Housing Time-limited housing and support services for individuals and/or families
- Weatherization Assistance Program Helps low-income homeowners and renters to reduce energy costs