Arc of Minnesota Southwest

Housing Access Coordination

Helps people with disabilities to plan, find, and move into a home of their own


Housing Access Services help adults with disabilities find and move to homes of their own (that are not owned or run by a disability services provider).

Housing Access Coordination (HAC) staff can help with:

  • Completing rental applications, lease agreements and publicly financed housing applications
  • Developing household budgets
  • Locating housing
  • Meeting and negotiating with landlords or property staff
  • Packing and moving belongings

Learn more about this service when paid for under the waivers in the Community-Based Services Manual.


  • Payment
    • Brain Injury Waiver (BI)
    • Community Access for Disability Inclusion Waiver (CADI)
    • Community Alternative Care (CAC) Waiver
    • Developmental Disabilities Waiver (DD)


To qualify, you must be:

  • Moving from one of the following:
    • Family and group family foster care
    • Hospital
    • Registered Housing with Services
    • Nursing facility
    • An unlicensed home (such as a home that you rent yourself)
    • Intermediate care facilities for persons with developmental disabilities
    • Intensive rehabilitation treatment and Rule 36 settings licensed
    • Institution for Mental Diseases (IMD)
  • Moving to an unlicensed home in the community that you rent or own yourself


P.O. Box 64007, St. Paul, MN, 55164

Area Served

Blue Earth, Brown, Cottonwood, Faribault, Jackson, Le Sueur, Lincoln, Lyon, Martin, Murray, Nicollet, Nobles, Pipestone, Redwood, Rock, Waseca, Watonwan, and Yellow Medicine counties

Phone Numbers

  • Primary Contact for this program: 507-345-4223


Business Hours

8:30am - 5:00pm, Monday - Friday


Other Services at this Location

Last Update