Arc Northland

Transitional Services

Money to cover the one-time costs of moving out of an eligible setting (such as a hospital, adult foster care home or nursing home) into your own place


Transitional Services are provided through a waiver to fund goods, deposits and moving expenses necessary and reasonable for a person to move from an eligible setting to a home they own or rent.

Transitional Services are typically short-term.

About This Location

Covered services examples:

  • Lease and rental deposits
  • Essential furniture
  • Utility set up fees and deposits
  • Basic household items
  • Personal items
  • One-time pest and allergen treatment of the setting
  • Window coverings

Learn more about this service when paid for under the disability waivers in the Community-Based Services Manual and under the Elderly Waiver in the Community-Based Services Manual.


  • Payment
    • Brain Injury Waiver (BI)
    • Community Access for Disability Inclusion Waiver (CADI)
    • Community Alternative Care (CAC) Waiver
    • Developmental Disabilities Waiver (DD)
    • Elderly Waiver (EW)
  • Waiver Service Specialties
    • Transitional Services Supports


Transitional Services is the name of a benefit only available through waiver programs.

There are similar programs available to people who are not on waivers.

Application Instructions

To see if you qualify for help to move out of an institutional setting, call your county, tribe or health plan to request a MnCHOICES Assessment and Support Planning Eligibility Tool.


424 W Superior St, Ste 500, Duluth, MN, 55802

Area Served

St. Louis, Carlton, Lake, Cook, Koochiching, Itasca, Pine and Aitkin counties

Phone Numbers

  • Primary Contact for this program: 218-726-4725



Other Services at this Location

Last Update