Money to cover the one-time costs of moving out of an eligible setting (such as a hospital, adult foster care home or nursing home) into your own place
Transitional Services are provided through a waiver to fund goods, deposits and moving expenses necessary and reasonable for a person to move from an eligible setting to a home they own or rent.
Transitional Services are typically short-term.
About This Location
Covered services examples:
- Lease and rental deposits
- Essential furniture
- Utility set up fees and deposits
- Basic household items
- Personal items
- One-time pest and allergen treatment of the setting
- Window coverings
Learn more about this service when paid for under the disability waivers in the Community-Based Services Manual and under the Elderly Waiver in the Community-Based Services Manual.
- Brain Injury Waiver (BI)
- Community Access for Disability Inclusion Waiver (CADI)
- Community Alternative Care (CAC) Waiver
- Developmental Disabilities Waiver (DD)
- Elderly Waiver (EW)
Waiver Service Specialties
- Transitional Services Supports
Transitional Services is the name of a benefit only available through waiver programs.
There are similar programs available to people who are not on waivers.
To see if you qualify for help to move out of an institutional setting, call your county, tribe or health plan to request a MnCHOICES Assessment and Support Planning Eligibility Tool.
424 W Superior St, Ste 500, Duluth, MN, 55802
St. Louis, Carlton, Lake, Cook, Koochiching, Itasca, Pine and Aitkin counties
- Primary Contact for this program: 218-726-4725
Other Services at this Location
- Advocacy - Disabilities Helps individuals or groups make sure they receive benefits and services for which they are eligible
- Housing Access Coordination Helps people with disabilities to plan, find, and move into a home of their own
- Housing Stabilization Services (HSS) Medical Assistance benefit to help people with disabilities and seniors find and keep housing
- Information and Support Helps people find resources and connect to services
- Support Group - Disabilities Advice, support and comfort for people and their families