Arc Northland

Housing Access Coordination

Helps people with disabilities to plan, find, and move into a home of their own


Housing Access Services help adults with disabilities find and move to homes of their own (that are not owned or run by a disability services provider).

Housing Access Coordination (HAC) staff can help with:

  • Completing rental applications, lease agreements and publicly financed housing applications
  • Developing household budgets
  • Locating housing
  • Meeting and negotiating with landlords or property staff
  • Packing and moving belongings

Learn more about this service when paid for under the waivers in the Community-Based Services Manual.

Additional Information

A Housing Access Coordinator will work with the person to develop their housing goals and find independent housing.


  • Payment
    • Brain Injury Waiver (BI)
    • Community Access for Disability Inclusion Waiver (CADI)
    • Community Alternative Care (CAC) Waiver
    • Developmental Disabilities Waiver (DD)


To qualify, you must be:

  • Moving from one of the following:
    • Family and group family foster care
    • Hospital
    • Registered Housing with Services
    • Nursing facility
    • An unlicensed home (such as a home that you rent yourself)
    • Intermediate care facilities for persons with developmental disabilities
    • Intensive rehabilitation treatment and Rule 36 settings licensed
    • Institution for Mental Diseases (IMD)
  • Moving to an unlicensed home in the community that you rent or own yourself


424 W Superior St, Ste 500, Duluth, MN, 55802

Area Served

St. Louis, Carlton, Lake, Cook, Koochiching, Itasca, Pine and Aitkin counties

Phone Numbers

  • Primary Contact for this program: 218-726-4739
  • Main: 218-726-4725



Other Services at this Location

Last Update