Anoka - Hennepin Public School District
Early Childhood Family Education (ECFE)
Classes and support for parents of young children about ways to help their pre-school children learn
Early Childhood Family Education (ECFE) is a program for families and children. It helps parents/caregivers create a positive setting for child development and growth, and enrich their parenting skills. The overall goal is to strengthen families.
Early Childhood Family Education is designed for parents and their children ages birth to kindergarten enrollment, expectant parents, and for families up to third grade. The programs recognize the home is a child's first learning environment and parents are their children's primary and most influential teachers.
The mission of ECFE is to strengthen families and enhance the ability of all parents to provide the best possible environment for the healthy growth and development of their children.
- Sliding fee scale
All Minnesota expectant parents and families with children between the ages of birth until starting kindergarten. If a school district has a PreK through 3rd grade initiative, that may provide parenting education services up to third grade.
Contact your local school district.
Classes have a sliding fee based on family income. Fees are waived for families unable to pay.
2727 N Ferry St, Anoka, MN, 55303
Anoka-Hennepin Public School District
- Primary Contact for this program: 763-506-1275
- Main: 763-506-1000
Other Services at this Location
- Early Childhood Screening A quick check to see how a child is growing and developing.
- Early Childhood Special Education (ECSE) - Birth to Two Services and support for eligible infants and toddlers with developmental concerns and disabilities and their families.
- Early Childhood Special Education (ECSE) - Three to Five Services and support for eligible young children aged 3 up to Kindergarten entrance with developmental concerns or disabilities.
- Kindergarten Kindergarten supports children's cognitive, language, physical, social and emotional development
- Public School Early Childhood Education and Care Programs Public school districts offer a variety of early childhood education programs and services for families and young children aged birth to kindergarten entrance.
- School-based Preschool- School Readiness, School Readiness Plus, Voluntary Prekindergarten Public preschool programs help preschool age children prepare to enter kindergarten.