Anoka County Community Action Program, Inc. (ACCAP)
Services and programming that prepare low-income preschool children (ages 3 - 5) and their family's transition to public school kindergarten and support child development, parenting skills and self-sufficiency
Head Start helps young children living in low-income families prepare to succeed in life and school through local programs. Head Start programs promote children's development through services that support early learning, health, and family well-being.
The program helps with early learning, health, nutrition and social services while being responsive to ethnic, cultural, and linguistic backgrounds.
Services may vary in each local community.
Services may include:
- Center based classroom or Family Child Care experiences for children and their families
- Coordination with public schools and Early Childhood Special Education (Part B 619, ECSE)
- Socialization experiences
- Leadership, advocacy, and training supports for families
The goal is to deliver services to children and families in core areas of early learning, health, and family well-being while engaging parents as partners every step of the way.
Local Head Start services are delivered by public and private nonprofit and for-profit agencies.
Licenses and Certifications
- Community Action Partnership
- Free / no cost to eligible clients
- People with low income
The Health and Human Services (HHS) Poverty Guidelines are used to determine income eligibility for participation in Head Start and Early Head Start programs.
- Children age 3 - 5 who are from families with incomes below the poverty guidelines
- Children from homeless families, and families receiving public assistance such as TANF or SSI are also eligible
- Foster children are eligible regardless of their foster family's income
Local programs may determine additional selection criteria to be responsive to community needs.
Free to eligible families
7751 E River Rd, Fridley, MN, 55432
- Family Development Center 9574 Foley Blvd NW, Coon Rapids, MN, 55433
- Heights Head Start Center 1515 44th Ave NE, Columbia Heights, MN, 55421
- Cedar Head Start Center 18900 Cedar Dr NW, Oak Grove, MN, 55011-9513
- Oakdale Head Start Center 6355 10th St N, Oakdale, MN, 55128
- Lakes Head Start Center 1790 11th St SE, Forest Lake, MN, 55025
- Newport Head Start Center 1596 11th Ave, Newport, MN, 55055
- Stillwater Head Start Center 214 3rd St N, Stillwater, MN, 55082
Other Services at this Location
- Early Head Start Services and programming for low-income infants and toddlers and their families that supports child development, parenting skills and self-sufficiency
- Primary Contact for this program: 763-784-4386