Anoka County Community Action Program, Inc. (ACCAP)
Early Head Start
Home visiting or center-based services and programs for low-income families with infants and toddlers that support child development, parenting skills and self-sufficiency
Early Head Start helps families with infants, toddler and pregnant women prepare for success. Programs promote children's development through services that support early learning, health, and family well-being.
The program helps with physical, cognitive, social and emotional development while being responsive to ethnic, cultural, and linguistic backgrounds.
Services vary in each local community and may include:
- Evidence-based home visiting
- Center-based or Family Child Care options in some local communities
- Socialization experiences for children and their families
- Leadership, advocacy, and training supports for families
- Coordination with public schools and Early Childhood Special Education
The goal is to deliver services to children and families in core areas of early learning, health, and family well-being while engaging parents as partners every step of the way.
Local Head Start services are delivered by public and private nonprofit and for-profit agencies supported by local, state, and federal funding.
Offers a home based program for pregnant women and children from birth - age three
Includes weekly in-home visits with individualized activities for parent and child and two center based visits to socialize with other families.
- Community Action Partnership
- Free / no cost to eligible clients
- People with low income
The Health and Human Services (HHS) Poverty Guidelines are used to determine income eligibility for participation in Early Head Start programs.
- Pregnant women and children birth - age 3 who are from families with incomes below the poverty guidelines
- Children in families who are experiencing homelessness
- Families receiving public assistance such as Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (TANF) or Supplemental Security Income (SSI)
- Foster children are eligible regardless of their foster family's income
Local programs may determine additional selection criteria to be responsive to community needs.
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION: Anoka and Washington counties
No cost to participating families
13130 Riverdale Dr NW, Coon Rapids, MN, 55448
- Primary Contact for this program: 763-553-3099
- CAPE 2727 N Ferry St, Anoka, MN, 55303
- New Horizon Academy - Coon Rapids Early Head Start 11441 Hanson Blvd NW, Coon Rapids, MN, 55433
- Family Development Center 9574 Foley Blvd NW, Coon Rapids, MN, 55433
- Crayon Box Child Care Center 7751 E River Rd, Fridley, MN, 55432
- New Horizon Academy - Fridley Early Head Start 999 Moore Lake Dr E, Fridley, MN, 55432
- New Horizon Academy - Columbia Heights Early Head Start 4079 Central Ave NE, Columbia Heights, MN, 55421
- New Horizon Academy - Stillwater Early Head Start 5903 Neal Ave N, Oak Park Heights, MN, 55082