Anoka County Community Action Program, Inc. (ACCAP)
Early Head Start
Services and programming for low-income infants and toddlers and their families that supports child development, parenting skills and self-sufficiency
Early Head Start helps infants, toddler and pregnant women living in low-income families prepare for success through local programs. Early Head Start programs promote children's development through services that support early learning, health, and family well-being.
The program helps with physical, cognitive, social and emotional development while being responsive to ethnic, cultural, and linguistic backgrounds. Services may vary in each local community.
Services may include:
- Socialization experiences for children and their families
- Coordination with public schools and Early Childhood Special Education (Part C, ECSE)
- Home-visiting programs
- Center-based or family child care options in some local communities
- Leadership, advocacy, and training supports for families
The goal is to deliver services to children and families in core areas of early learning, health, and family well-being while engaging parents as partners every step of the way.
Local Early Head Start services are delivered by public and private nonprofit and for-profit agencies.
Offers a home based program for pregnant women and children from birth - age three
Includes weekly in-home visits with individualized activities for parent and child and two center based visits to socialize with other families.
Licenses and Certifications
- Community Action Partnership
- Free / no cost to eligible clients
- People with low income
The Health and Human Services (HHS) Poverty Guidelines are used to determine income eligibility for participation in Early Head Start programs.
- Pregnant women and children birth - age 3 who are from families with incomes below the poverty guidelines
- Children from homeless families, and families receiving public assistance such as TANF or SSI are also eligible
- Foster children are eligible regardless of their foster family's income
Local programs may determine additional selection criteria to be responsive to community needs.
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION: Anoka and Washington counties
Free to eligible families
4079 Central Ave NE, Columbia Heights, MN, 55421
- New Horizon Academy - Fridley Early Head Start 999 Moore Lake Dr E, Fridley, MN, 55432
- Crayon Box Child Care Center 7751 E River Rd, Fridley, MN, 55432
- Family Development Center 9574 Foley Blvd NW, Coon Rapids, MN, 55433
- New Horizon Academy - Coon Rapids Early Head Start 11441 Hanson Blvd NW, Coon Rapids, MN, 55433
- New Horizon Academy - Andover Early Head Start 13130 Riverdale Dr NW, Coon Rapids, MN, 55448
- CAPE 2727 N Ferry St, Anoka, MN, 55303
- New Horizon Academy - Stillwater Early Head Start 5903 Neal Ave N, Oak Park Heights, MN, 55082
- Primary Contact for this program: 763-789-3863