Anoka County Community Action Program, Inc. (ACCAP)
Early Head Start
Home visiting or center-based services and programs for low-income families with infants and toddlers that support child development, parenting skills and self-sufficiency
Early Head Start helps families with infants, toddler and pregnant women prepare for success. Programs promote children's development through services that support early learning, health, and family well-being.
The program helps with physical, cognitive, social and emotional development while being responsive to ethnic, cultural, and linguistic backgrounds.
Services vary in each local community and may include:
- Evidence-based home visiting
- Center-based or Family Child Care options in some local communities
- Socialization experiences for children and their families
- Leadership, advocacy, and training supports for families
- Coordination with public schools and Early Childhood Special Education
The goal is to deliver services to children and families in core areas of early learning, health, and family well-being while engaging parents as partners every step of the way.
Local Head Start services are delivered by public and private nonprofit and for-profit agencies supported by local, state, and federal funding.
Offers a home based program for pregnant women and children from birth - age three
Includes weekly in-home visits with individualized activities for parent and child
- Community Action Partnership
- Free / no cost to eligible clients
- People with low income
The Health and Human Services (HHS) Poverty Guidelines are used to determine income eligibility for participation in Early Head Start programs.
- Pregnant women and children birth - age 3 who are from families with incomes below the poverty guidelines
- Children in families who are experiencing homelessness
- Families receiving public assistance such as Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (TANF) or Supplemental Security Income (SSI)
- Foster children are eligible regardless of their foster family's income
Local programs may determine additional selection criteria to be responsive to community needs.
No cost to participating families
999 Moore Lake Dr E, Fridley, MN, 55432
- Primary Contact for this program: 763-574-7450
- Crayon Box Child Care Center 7751 E River Rd, Fridley, MN, 55432
- New Horizon Academy - Columbia Heights Early Head Start 4079 Central Ave NE, Columbia Heights, MN, 55421
- Family Development Center 11441 Hanson Blvd NW, Coon Rapids, MN, 55433
- New Horizon Academy - Andover Early Head Start 13130 Riverdale Dr NW, Coon Rapids, MN, 55448
- CAPE 2727 N Ferry St, Anoka, MN, 55303
- New Horizon Academy - Stillwater Early Head Start 5903 Neal Ave N, Oak Park Heights, MN, 55082