Early Childhood Mental Health Services
Mental health services for young children and their families
Mental health services that can support healthy parenting when either the caregiver or the child is affected by emotional or behavioral concerns. For caregivers, this may be a history of postpartum depression, trauma, anxiety, other mental illness, or substance use. For young children, this may be challenging behaviors, trouble with eating or sleeping, tantrums, or other emotional or behavioral problems.
These services are especially important for young children or parents/caregivers who have experienced trauma, such as abuse, neglect, violence, or other stressful or scary events in life.
Offers early childhood services:
- Counseling and therapy
- Child and adolescent psychiatry
- Evaluations and psychological testing
About This Location
Services are provided by professionals that are trained and supported by the Minnesota Department of Human Services (DHS) in evidence-based (proven) ways of assessing and treating early childhood and family mental health concerns.
Children age birth - five years of age and their caregivers, with a focus on uninsured and underinsured families
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION: Serves children under age six with attachment, social, emotional and behavioral challenges and early childhood service providers in Kittson, Mahnomen, Marshall, Norman, Polk, and Red Lake counties.
603 Bruce St, Crookston, MN, 56716
Kittson, Marshall, Mahnomen, Norman, Polk, and Red Lake counties
- Primary Contact for this program: 218-281-3940
- Toll Free - Mental Health Crisis Line: 800-282-5005
- East Grand Forks 1422 Central Ave NE, East Grand Forks, MN, 56721
- Warren Branch Office 300 W Good Samaritan Dr, Warren, MN, 56762
- Ada Clinic 201 9th St W, Ada, MN, 56510
- Fosston Clinic 900 Hilligoss Blvd SE, Fosston, MN, 56542
- Karlstad Branch Clinic 205 Roosevelt Ave, Karlstad, MN, 56732
- Hallock Branch Clinic 1010 S Birch Ave, Hallock, MN, 56728
Other Services at this Location
- Adult Mental Health Crisis Response Services Immediate help for people having urgent problems with depression, panic, anxiety, delusions, or other mood or behavior disorders
- Children's Mental Health Crisis Response Services (CRS) Professional help 24/7 for children or youth experiencing a mental health crisis to help the child be safe, stay in their home, and get connected to support
- Children's Therapeutic Services and Supports (CTSS) Flexible range of mental health and rehabilitation services for children and youth with emotional disturbance or co-occurring substance use disorders
- Emergency Shelter Provides a temporary place to stay for people that do not have housing