Early Childhood Mental Health Services
Mental health services for young children and their families
Mental health services that can support healthy parenting when either the caregiver or the child is affected by emotional or behavioral concerns. For caregivers, this may be a history of postpartum depression, trauma, anxiety, other mental illness, or substance use. For young children, this may be challenging behaviors, trouble with eating or sleeping, tantrums, or other emotional or behavioral problems.
These services are especially important for young children or parents/caregivers who have experienced trauma, such as abuse, neglect, violence, or other stressful or scary events in life.
Offers early childhood services:
- Counseling and therapy
- Child and adolescent psychiatry
- Evaluations and psychological testing
About This Location
Services are provided by professionals that are trained and supported by the Minnesota Department of Human Services (DHS) in evidence-based (proven) ways of assessing and treating early childhood and family mental health concerns.
Children age birth - five years of age and their caregivers, with a focus on uninsured and underinsured families
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION: Serves children under age six with attachment, social, emotional and behavioral challenges and early childhood service providers in Kittson, Mahnomen, Marshall, Norman, Polk, and Red Lake counties.
205 Roosevelt Ave, Karlstad, MN, 56732
- Primary Contact for this program: 218-281-3940
- Hallock Branch Clinic 1010 S Birch Ave, Hallock, MN, 56728
- Warren Branch Office 300 W Good Samaritan Dr, Warren, MN, 56762
- East Grand Forks 1422 Central Ave NE, East Grand Forks, MN, 56721
- Alluma - Crookston 603 Bruce St, Crookston, MN, 56716
- Fosston Clinic 900 Hilligoss Blvd SE, Fosston, MN, 56542
- Ada Clinic 201 9th St W, Ada, MN, 56510