Adult Mental Health Crisis Response Services
Immediate help for people having urgent problems with depression, panic, anxiety, delusions, or other mood or behavior disorders
Adult Mental Health Crisis Response Services can help you cope with a current crisis and stay in your home and community. A trained mental health crisis responder assesses the crisis, helps you get through the crisis, and then follows up helping you connect with longer term support and services.
If you need more help to be safe, crisis response can help to set up hospital care or to access a crisis stabilization service.
Every county in the state has an adult mental health crisis telephone number.
Most counties also provide other kinds of crisis help, like:
- Mobile Crisis Response Services: Trained crisis responders will come to your home (or a meeting place that you choose) to help you in a crisis
- Residential Crisis Services: Help in a facility where you can stay for a few days until the crisis is under control
- Crisis Stabilization Services: Help you connect with other support services and gain skills to avoid future crises
- Free / no cost to everyone
- Medicaid (Medical Assistance)
- Private health insurance
- 24 hours a day
- Mental health
Any adult in Minnesota who is experiencing a mental health crisis can use the crisis response services. Examples of mental health crises may include feeling suicidal, depression, seeing or hearing things that may not be there, flashbacks, anxiety, panic, or any other mental health crisis.
If you are in danger of hurting yourself or someone else, call 911 right away.
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION: Serves Kittson, Mahnomen, Marshall, Norman, Pennington, Polk, Red Lake and Roseau counties
If you are in a different county, the state list of crisis phone numbers is available online.
Crisis Text Line details are also available online.
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION: Contact the Crisis Line 24/7 for assistance: (800) 282-5005
People with or without insurance can get crisis help.
603 Bruce St, Crookston, MN, 56716
Kittson, Marshall, Mahnomen, Norman, Polk, and Red Lake counties
- Primary Contact for this program: 800-282-5005
- Main: 218-281-3940
Other Services at this Location
- Children's Mental Health Crisis Response Services (CRS) Professional help 24/7 for children or youth experiencing a mental health crisis to help the child be safe, stay in their home, and get connected to support
- Children's Therapeutic Services and Supports (CTSS) Flexible range of mental health and rehabilitation services for children and youth with emotional disturbance or co-occurring substance use disorders
- Early Childhood Mental Health Services Mental health services for young children and their families
- Emergency Shelter Provides a temporary place to stay for people that do not have housing