Accend Services, Inc.
Early Intensive Developmental and Behavioral Intervention (EIDBI) Medical Benefit
Early Intensive Developmental and Behavioral Intervention (EIDBI) services offer medically necessary treatment to people under the age of 21 with Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD) or related conditions
The Early Intensive Developmental and Behavioral Intervention (EIDBI) benefit provides treatment for people with Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD) and related conditions. Treatment is based on proven methods, and the values, culture and preferences of the person and family.
EIDBI services help people to:
- Interact with others
- Learn and play
- Decrease interfering or unwanted behaviors
- Build independence
- Participate in family, school and community life
Early Intensive Developmental and Behavioral Intervention (EIDBI) Services may include:
- A Comprehensive Multi-Disciplinary Evaluation (CMDE): An evaluation (or diagnostic assessment) to determine medical necessity and eligibility for services
- EIDBI Intervention: Individual and Group therapy using behavioral and developmental treatment methods
- Observation and Direction: Clinical direction and oversight from a qualified EIDBI provider to a same or lower-level EIDBI provider who is providing intervention services
- Family/Caregiver Training and Counseling: Individual or Group: Education, training and support for families and caregivers
- Individual Treatment Plan (ITP) Development and Progress Monitoring: Individualized plan of service, developed and updated by a Qualified Supervising Professional (QSP), that outlines the goals, objectives and services a person is recommended to receive
- Coordinated Care Conference: Meeting to coordinate across service providers
- Travel time: Travel to and from a location other than their typical place of service to provide face-to-face EIDBI services
- Telemedicine services: Services may be provided via telemedicine. In other words, some services may be provided while the person is at an originating site and the EIDBI provider is at a distant site.
EIDBI services may be provided in a center, clinic, home, office or community setting, including the school. Ask your EIDBI provider about what the specific services they offer, treatment methods provided, locations served, what healthcare plans they accept and if they have a waiting list. For additional information services and supports, visit the MN Autism Resource Portal.
About This Location
This agency provides EIDBI assessments (CMDE). This agency also provides EIDBI therapy.
- Sliding fee scale
A person is eligible to receive EIDBI services if they meet all of the following criteria:
- Has autism spectrum disorder (ASD) or a related condition
- Has had a comprehensive multi-disciplinary evaluation (CMDE) that establishes their medical need for EIDBI services
- Is enrolled in Medical Assistance (MA), MinnesotaCare, Minnesota Tax Equity and Fiscal Responsibility Act (TEFRA) or other qualifying health care programs
- Is under age 21
Refer to the Eligibility for EIDBI services page in the EIDBI Benefit Policy manual for more information.
To qualify for the EIDBI benefit, a Comprehensive Multi-Disciplinary Evaluation (CMDE) must establish the person's medical need and eligibility for services. The evaluation includes an observation of the person, medical exam and a summary of other formal or informal standardized tests and assessment tools. The provider also gathers information and input from the person's family members and other caregivers during this process.
Intensity level is determined by the person's level of need. EIDBI does not require a MnCHOICES assessment or a waiver to access. The person does not have to exhaust other less intensive service options in order to access. In addition, EIDBI may be able to be coordinated with other services the person may also be receiving.
6900 78th Ave N, Ste 170, Brooklyn Park, MN, 55445
- Primary Contact for this program: 763-432-6875
- Accend Services - Brooklyn Park (101) Call for location
- Accend Services - Minneapolis Call for location
- Accend Services - Duluth 202 Call for location
- Accend Services - Children and Families Office Call for location
- Accend Services - Two Harbors Call for location
- Accend Services - Grand Marais 101 W Highway 61, Grand Marais, MN, 55604