ABC Autism Center LLC
Early Intensive Developmental and Behavioral Intervention (EIDBI) Benefit
Early Intensive Developmental and Behavioral Intervention (EIDBI) services offer medically necessary treatment to people under the age of 21 with Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD) or related conditions
The Early Intensive Developmental and Behavioral Intervention (EIDBI) benefit provides treatment for people with Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD) and related conditions. Treatment is based on proven methods, and the values, culture and preferences of the person and family.
For full information, see the EIDBI Benefit Policy Manual on the Minnesota Department of Human Services website.
EIDBI services help people to:
- Interact with others
- Learn and play
- Decrease interfering or unwanted behaviors
- Build independence
- Participate in family, school and community life
EIDBI Services may include:
- A Comprehensive Multi-Disciplinary Evaluation (CMDE) to evaluate or confirm a diagnosis of ASD or related conditions
- Individual, group and high level support need therapy
- Education, training and support for families and caregivers
- An individualized plan of service that outlines the goals, intensity and duration of services a person is recommended to receive
- Care conference meetings to coordinate across service providers and with the family
- Travel time to provide in-person EIDBI services
EIDBI services may be provided in a center, clinic, home, office or community setting, including the school. Some EIDBI services may also be provided via telehealth.
Ask your EIDBI provider about what the specific services they offer, treatment methods provided, locations served, what healthcare plans they accept and if they have a waiting list.
For additional information services and supports, visit the MN Autism Resource Portal.
About This Location
This agency provides EIDBI therapy. It does not provide EIDBI assessments(CMDE).
A person is eligible to receive EIDBI services if they meet all of the following criteria:
- Has autism spectrum disorder (ASD) or a related condition
- Has had a comprehensive multi-disciplinary evaluation (CMDE) that establishes their medical need for EIDBI services
- Is enrolled in Medical Assistance (MA), MinnesotaCare, Minnesota Tax Equity and Fiscal Responsibility Act (TEFRA) or other qualifying health care programs
- Is under age 21
To qualify for the EIDBI benefit, a Comprehensive Multi-Disciplinary Evaluation (CMDE) must establish the person's medical need and eligibility for services. The evaluation includes an observation of the person, a medical exam and a summary of other formal or informal standardized tests and assessment tools. The provider also gathers information and input from the person's family members and other caregivers during this process.
To receive provider information, complete the EIDBI referral form on the Minnesota Department of Human Services website.
1315 E Lake St, Ste 1, Minneapolis, MN, 55407
- Primary Contact for this program: 612-298-2169
Other Services at this Location
- Autism Therapy Therapeutic interventions for those with Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD)