Family Homeless Prevention and Assistance Program (FHPAP)
Short-term help for low-income families, youth and single adults who are homeless or are about to become homeless
The Family Homeless Prevention and Assistance Program (FHPAP) helps low-income families with or without children, unaccompanied youth and single adults who are homeless or are about to become homeless.
Resources and money help with:
- Preventing homelessness
- Getting back into housing right away
- Staying in housing
Assistance usually takes the form of short-term help with rent. It may also help with utility costs. Payments may help to prevent foreclosure or eviction.
- People with low income
Recipients are households at or below 200% Federal Poverty Guidelines and the household must be experiencing a housing crisis and a need for assistance.
Housing assistance and services may vary by region or agency. There are FHPAP programs in all Minnesota counties and six of the northern tribal nations including Red Lake, White Earth, Fond Du Lac, Bois Forte, Mille Lacs and Leech Lake.
Additional eligibility criteria may apply.
501 Highway 13 E, Ste 112, Burnsville, MN, 55337
Dakota and Scott counties
- Primary Contact for this program: 952-985-5300
- Crisis Line - Sexual Assault: 651-405-1500
9:00am - 4:00pm, Monday - Thursday
Other Services at this Location
- Domestic Violence Support Services Support program focusing on domestic abuse of individuals by their spouses or partners
- Food Shelf Food support is available to people in need